Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irans fighter's in all their glory

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Hogmeister B

Your English teacher should be sacked. Posession takes an apostrophe s, as in Iran's, and plural takes an s only, as in fighters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

So should yours. It's 'possession', not 'posession'.

magick; good link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Nice isnt it that the area immediately surrounding the air base is very low resolution?

I wonder who supplied these pictures to google ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Am I the only one who thinks that the fighters should be parked tail to tail rather than nose to nose?
    I'd love to see those trying to scramble. It would not be pretty.:D

NMM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

meh
    Your English teacher should be sacked. Posession takes an apostrophe s, as in Iran's, and plural takes an s only, as in fighters.

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/index.php/Image:Grammar_Nazi.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Am I the only one who thinks that the fighters should be parked tail to tail rather than nose to nose?

Yes. Everyone else saw that top gear episode, driving a 2CV behind a Boeing at full engine power.

http://asrs.arc.nasa.gov/directline_issues/dl6_blast.htm
    Avoid parking light aircraft "tail-to" turbojets on airport ramps; light aircraft may be damaged during jets' power-up and initial taxi.

edit:
    yeah, I know I'm spoofing. I know nothing about jet takeoff and scramble situ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

A poorly phrased post on my part.

I didn't actually mean tail directly opposite tail, I was more trying to convey the ability to taxi away from the parking spot under their own power without having to be hitched to a "pusher" vehicle to go backwards from their station. This would take valuable minutes for each aircraft and delay takeoff. I know launching a modern fighter is more complex process not like their WWII counterparts but any time saved is worthwhile in an emergency situation. You have never seen a Fire Brigade Appliance reversing out of a Fire Station with sirens going have you?

NMM

Advertisement