Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Breakfast in Limerick

Options
  • 21-06-2006 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi Guys,

This is kind of a follow on from my last post but who does the best breakfast in Limerick. Cafe on the row do a great one, and i've had one in Dolans which was not great, anyone else got any recommendations?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

try to avoid Java's. Even if the coffee is good there the breakfast is crap and overprized. Row is the best so far. believe it or not: people say Eddie Rockets is doing a good breakfast as well!

IB

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cian8

The American diner thingy near the Roundhouse, i think its called The Wild Onion does a nice American style breakfast. Not a patch on the real thing but still good. Nice for a change from a Full Irish (mmmmm black pudding + ketchup).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

The Wild Onion is brilliant. You can get American style waffles or a breakfast of scrambled eggs, real hash browns and a sausage meat burger thing - you will not need to eat for the rest of the day.
    The Red Rose Cafe on Parnell street used to do an excellent breakfast but i'm not sure if it's still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Best full Irish by far is John St Deli on John St.
    It's huge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Crea wrote:
    The Wild Onion is brilliant. You can get American style waffles or a breakfast of scrambled eggs, real hash browns and a sausage meat burger thing - you will not need to eat for the rest of the day.
    The Red Rose Cafe on Parnell street used to do an excellent breakfast but i'm not sure if it's still there.

Still there a few months ago anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

Very hard to beat the full Irish in O'Connors in Thomas Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jay_haych

people. people. if you want a PROPER full Irish with all the trimming the only place to go is the "red rose cafe" on whatever street the train station is.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Cardinal

My brother is always raving about the french toast breakfast in Dolans. I've yet to try it though. The real best breakfast in the city is in my house when I make a big dirty fry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Lululady

yea the american place is great..........large portions too yum yum

well my fav there are the eggs and hash bowns:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Mortell's. Never had the pleasure yet, but I've heard great things about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭db

For the best breakfast roll in Limerick go to Gleesons in Glentworth St - €3:80 for the works and I've never managed to finish one yet.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

db wrote:
    For the best breakfast roll in Limerick go to Gleesons in Glentworth St - €3:80 for the works and I've never managed to finish one yet.

Centra William St. - €3.99. It's a whopper.

p.s. got a jumbo breakfast roll form Gleesons as advised above. It's a biggie right enough :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Lets Do Coffee café in LEDP (old Krups building) does a great breakfast!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

French's on Catherine street do great crepes, and pretty damn good rolls too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

There's a place on upper geraldgriffin street which I've heard great things about. Its a fairly popular place with the taxi driver's/Delivery men of Limerick...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

bobmeaney wrote:
    There's a place on upper geraldgriffin street which I've heard great things about. Its a fairly popular place with the taxi driver's/Delivery men of Limerick...

I know the area but cannot work out where you are on about :confused:

I know the area but cannot work out where you are on about :confused:

Just saw it today.. its called the country kitchen :D

bobmeaney wrote:
    Just saw it today.. its called the country kitchen :D

Thanks. Will pay this place a visit when next hungover. Maybe even tomorrow? :D

Country Kitchen. A small place - pokey in fact. Nothing special imho. Cheap, but that's not everything.

The diner at the bottom of Broad St. is much better imho for a greasy fry up, and is still reasonable.

Wild Onion is still no. 1 for me however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Sails up in Arthurs Quay Shopping Centre has a really great breakfast buffet and great views over the Shannon and park, plus its in the city centre

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Sails up in Arthurs Quay Shopping Centre has a really great breakfast buffet and great views over the Shannon and park, plus its in the city centre

Sails is horrible!

There are few if any good breakfast places in Limerick. But if you want a excellent one! Go out to Bunratty, Meadows and Byrne (sp?).

€8 for the top breakfast, but its worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

Sails? its sh one t

The red Rose for a big greasy fry up

Is the coffee up there good too?

Lots of "local" places do extremely good fry ups but are let down by piss poor coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Yep, I agree. Down with piss poor morning coffee! In this regard, I'd recommend the Wild Onion breakfasts for free refills of good coffee served in thermos jugs.

One of it's best features. Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Cardinal

I must check out this Wild Onion breakfast someday... if I'm ever up in time for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

Yeah brekkie in the Wild Onion is one of the culinary highlights of the city

Country Kitchen. A small place - pokey in fact. Nothing special imho. Cheap, but that's not everything.

Thats disappointing! Glad you found some place better though

Cardinal wrote:
    I must check out this Wild Onion breakfast someday... if I'm ever up in time for it.

The breakfast menu is on until they close. 3 or 4 pm.

• Advertisement
Advertisement