Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do you mark yours

• 21-06-2006 10:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

What unique symbol do you put on your golf ball to identify it.

I put a musical treble clef on mine- not a very common symbol

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

smiley face....very original:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

mark a tw inside the dimples, my initials by the way, in case anyone asks the same question as the sad old tosser a few months ago, "god you young fellas it's tiger woods everything"
    wow i didn't realise tiger was the only person allowed to use the initials tw, i loved beating that old fart on the 13th, shut him up.(i am not prepared to divulge whether i beat him at golf or simply phsyically beat him)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

a big J on 1 side and a smiley face on the other side! i also use the top of the J to line up my putts with!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

I used to mark with two pink dots either side of the name. No-one uses pink marker. Then some hacker at our club started marking their balls in the same way and the next thing you know I'm gettin all the stick for loosing balls left right and centre. (thats my story and i'm sticking to it :D)

I stopped shortly after that and now I dont mark them at all. How many of you have seen a Bridgestone B330 anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭GreenHorn

Dman_15 wrote:
    now I dont mark them at all.

Same as that - don't mark em at all... Don't seem to come across many guys using the green Nike Distance ball so haven't had an issue as of yet... Famous last words no doubt...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭GreenHorn

... Besides, its hard to lose a golf ball that's inevitably in the centre of the fairway... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

i use the permanent ink line (handy for lining up putts)
    i always try and play a number three ball for some reason...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭KOJAK_1

I mark mine with my initial and a number, 1 - 3 usually when I open a new sleeve. Makes it easy to identify which was first or provisional ball if required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭stringy

Had been trying Bridgestone B330 and the B330-s until 2weeks ago until I put myself on crutches and cant play golf! The B330-S best ball by far, no competition, more durable than a ProV, yet same feel and performance. the original B330 is good too but just feels hard

I normally put three crosses on my ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Dman_15 wrote:
    now I dont mark them at all

That's a very brave thing to do in a competition; the penalty for playing a wrong ball and not correcting the mistake before the next tee box is disqualification. See the Rules

• Advertisement
Advertisement