Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTML/CSS and Outlook problem

Options
  • 21-06-2006 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Right this is more of a programming problem then an Outlook problem. If you use IE and outlook you have the option "send page by email" in the toolbar or under file->send. Trouble is that when you click it and add your message ("check out the second image ect") the default text size on my site is 36 but on most its 12. I know its got something to do with the CSS or HTML. I've searched hi and low but i can't find anything relevent to this.

All help welcomed!
    Thanks
    Timeout

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

Outlook interprits the html on send/edit.:mad: (Adds all that fancy ie nonhtml/html crap)

I had a workaround when i was doing a company newsletter of using outlook express to send the e-mail by pasting the html into the source tab of outlook express.:)

Hope that helps some.

probably not but best of luck

You owe me a pint if it helps :D

if it doesnt ill buy the first one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Not really helpfull. If you open a website in IE and then click File->send->page by email outlook opens with a copy of the page in a new email waiting for you to add the email address and text for the message. Its when you go to type your message that you'll find the problem. On my site the font defaults to 36 but on most other sites i tried its down at 12. I'm pretty sure its got something to do with CSS but I just don't know.

Anyhow Nutjob thanks for the suggestion.
    Timeout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

View -> Source on the page in IE

Copy

Past into outlook express (source tab)

Send

(or am i lost)

Advertisement