Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Removing Window Tints???

Options
  • 21-06-2006 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭

Just curious about this, a couple motors I looked at in the UK at the weekend (inexplicably) had tinted windows.

I found myself wondering what is the best, or easiest way, to remove it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Peel the film off from the corner,then use a brillo type sponge and washing up liquid/water mix or some mr muscle glass cleaner to clear the residue,thats whats worked for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Used to do it for a living. Eireal is 100% correct although for the front and side windows i'd use stanley blades as it only takes one scrape to clear the glue and it's a lot less sore on the arm

**DO NOT USE STANLEY BLADES ON THE BACK WINDOW, BRILLO ONLY**
    You can damage the bars running through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Actually layke heres one for you,ive been trying DIY tint on the rear window of my civic hatch but each time i get to the corner on both sides i cant get the bubbles out.No amount of squeegy or heat gun will get them down.

Ive tried using over lapping strips and going side to side but still have the same problem.Is it worth leaving it into vision and paying the 80e just for the rear window tinted?

Advertisement