Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portable DVD Player (Multi Region)

Options
  • 21-06-2006 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi all, Looking to purchase a Portable Multiscreen DVD player (similar to whats available in Argos today). The idea is to keep the kids occupied while we drive to France, however I've a large collection of DVD that come from all regions (US, Asia) etc.. so I'm wondering if folks out there know, if these players are multi region or can be hack to be multi region

thanks
    Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Don't know what you mean by multiscreen, but I have this one. It's multi-regional (and has been used to watch my R1 Lost boxset). I got it as a present so I can't tell you where to get it but I'd try POwer City or somewhere like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 tmalmbrt

qz wrote:
    Don't know what you mean by multiscreen

re: Multiscreen see this

Will drop over to Powercity later to see if they've something like this

T

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Note that some portable DVD players don't actually say on the cover what region they're for. The only way to tell then is by checking the actual unit or doing a search on the web. Sometimes (if you're lucky) a code can 'unlock' them but again, do a search before buying.

Advertisement