Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pp.internet/email on o2 prepay?

• 21-06-2006 12:58pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭

does this actually work for anyone? i'm looking to access my email through gprs. i've entered all the right settings but it still won't work. i've called o2 customer service but they didn't seem to know what i was talking about and told me i couldn't access email that way, except through wap.

can anyone help me?

Comments

Works for me on an Vodafone unlocked 6680. When asking O2 you should ask for ISP access through pp.internet. If you mention e-mail they'll fob you off, Meteor are the same. They both want you to use the WAP MyMail service.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Don't know if its the same, but I use O2 mail using the link from the O2 page where you enter your address and 4 digit pin number, which works fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's a Nokia you have? Use the advanced email link on www.nokia.ie/settings

FIll in your details and send it to your phone - works a charm.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

its alright guys i figured it out. you have to get them to activate it for you. you just ring 1740 (o2's data/internet helpline) and tell them to provision you for gprs internet or pp.internet. they did it for me in 5 seconds. and this was after their regular customer service told me i couldn't access email that way. sigh.

Advertisement