Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - TV, DVD, Surround Sound, Network Music Player

• 21-06-2006 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭

I'm doing some renovation work at home and am planning to upgrade my home entertainment system in the living room. I'm hoping someone can give me some advise.

I have a budget of approx. €3200 and was thinking of the following;

42" HD flatscreen LG TV (approx. €2200)
    TV Stand (approx. €300)
    LG DVD player and surround sound (500W) floor standing speakers (approx. €390) I think this is the model (LG LHT550TB Hi-Fi Surround Sound)

The other thing I'm looking at is a network music player such as the Roku Soundbridge to allow me to play music from my PC onto my surround sound.

http://www.rokulabs.com/products/soundbridge/

I'm not very technical on these matters and have a few questions;

1. Are these LG TV's OK or are there better brands with a similar price range?
    2. Does anyone know anything about these Roku network music players or or there better ways to play your PC music collect in your sitting room? (my PC is in a different room).
    3. Can this network music player be linked into the DVD surround sound or should I be looking at a different type of system to play my music in my living room?

Thanks in advance.
    Georgey

Advertisement