Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Cinema setup advice and DVD player recommendation

• 21-06-2006 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I was hoping to get some advice re home cinema setup.
    I have decided to take the plunge and buy the following :

Samsung 32in Lcd R72

Denon 1706 A/V Receiver

DVD Player -- which one of these would be best ?
    Philips DVP5900 HDMI DIVX
    Cambridge DVD85 Multiregion
    Denon DVD1720 Multiregion
    Pioneer DV490 Multiregion HDMI & DivX
    Samsung DVDHD950 Multiregion

Tannoy EFX5.1 Speakers

I will also be getting NTL Digital and will be hooking up an old Xbox.

My idea was to run a component cable from DVD to LCD for video, and audio out on the DVD
    to the AV Receiver, this suits my home cinema requirements.

In terms of the X-box, what connections would allow the best picture / surround sound setup ?
    Does the X-box have S-video output ?

Finally what is the standard way to connect NTL Digital in this type of setup.
    Does a SCART have to be run directly to the TV, or does the set top box have any
    other audio / video outputs that would allow me to run it through the AV Receiver ?

What I am trying to achieve is the best picture quality from these inputs to the LCD,
    while trying to minimise the amount of cables running to the LCD itself.

Any advice / recommendations would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

the denon will have the best picture, but the samsung can be hacked to do a whole lot of things, like divx, 1080i over component.

You should go dvi into your tv from the dvd player, hdmi if it has it, that would bs the all digital path.

if you can get the hidef path for he xbox, it has component out, that'd be best, if you get Xbox media centre on it it will output 1080i for video files, it won't upconvert games though

Advertisement