Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PermanentTSB Switch current account - does what it says on the tin?

Options
  • 21-06-2006 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hello,
    Due to extortionate quarterly charges by AIB, I'm thinking of switching to the PermanentTSB Switch current account. I've read all the small print and it looks genuine, but based on past experience am very sceptical about the consumer banking sector! Has anyone else already switched to PermanentTSB Switch current account, and if so, did it turn out to be all it promised? Were there any problems?
    Thanks in advance
    Petra

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I have it and would recommend it.

It does exactly what it says. No complaints whatsoever. The internet banking was updated and it is great. Very easy to transfer to other banks too.

The other banks can make it annoying to switch so make sure you have cash for the week that they switch.

I would recommend ensuring that you have no outstanding bills/debits etc before you switch.

If you have an AIB visa card I would suggest keeping it for the time being and switch it at a later date so that you are not completely stuck if AIB do stall things.

L.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PetraMac

Thanks nereid! Good to hear, and good advice re. keeping cash available during the switchover. I think I will switch, as AIB have been fleecing me for long enough... Tx

Advertisement