Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fed Up with 3

• 21-06-2006 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

How many 3 subscribers have issues with sending texts to roaming people abroad?

in case you don't already know, If you text a roaming friend from a 3 phone, they can receive the same text repeatedly over the course of a week.

One friend received a text 37 times!

I rang to complain and was told that it's the other networks fault and they are doing everything in their power to resolve it.

Anyone else complained to 3 about this and got anywhere?

I'm very annoyed with them at the moment and thinking of moving.

I would advise avoiding 3 until they get this sorted.
    Unless you want to piss off your mates!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Had the same problem last week in spain. The issue is that 3 look for an acknowledgement from the mobile op you are roaming on (Vodafone Spain in my case) and some ops do not return this ack to 3. They then keep sending the message.

My brother works in 3 and he says they are trying hard to get the issue resolved with the other operators. It is a real pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭EIN

same thing happened to me txted a friend who was on voda on hols in uk..
    he got the msg about 30 times over 2 hours.

i got fed up with three and went back to voda, and happydays they launched mobile tv..

i was fed up with three, and voda offer more flexability and 300 free webtexts ...

having used three, for a good while, i can say that i prefer vodafone,
    and i think im getting better service although its a bit more expensive..

sure on three , when u got no 3 3g signal, ur on vodafone anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

NiSmO wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

Yes you keep you can keep your number, same as if you were moving to Meteor or O2, not sure whats 3Pay is like because I'm on Three billpay.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭bobk

EIN wrote:

i got fed up with three and went back to voda, and happydays they launched mobile tv..

Ein, did you break your contract to go back to vodafone?
    Did 3 charge you extra?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

ThreePay is ok a mate of mine has it and says hes happy. Im on billpay and they are ok , the only thing is I cant send txts to certain European networks which is a pain as I never had a problem with VF!!!! Also very high roaming charges if they have an agreement that is!!!

They need to get alot of things sorted out and they are very very slow about doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

elderlemon wrote:
    My brother works in 3 and he says they are trying hard to get the issue resolved with the other operators. It is a real pain.

I hope you brother reads the comments on the board!! He could pass it onto the customer services dept who could learn alot from the comments and requests from customers and potential customers!!!!

Advertisement