Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's best for cleaning vinyl?

• 21-06-2006 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

hey there,

my vinyl need a cleaning with all dust & dirt on them so i checked this out on juno http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/158884-01.htm anyone use this or anything similar before? or is just a wipe with a dry cloth the same?

nice1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭SoulRock

if the vinyl's been builing up dirt over time i always find some cool to luke warm water with a really light washing liquid does the trick,
    also when gigging out for sure use a Vinyl Brush to keep dust and dirt building up (like the one on the site you suggested)
    also a soft anti static wipe can help to stop dust clinging to your records..
    also with the wrong type of cloth etc you run the risk of rubbing dust and dirt particles into your vinyl ,and not off, and thus leaving tiny scratches on the record which is a pain in the A*s* so dont use any old cloth!!
    Nice one

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I have used a very basic but really effective way for years. An old light cotton t-shirt! Run some water over a bit of the t-shirt and ring it out. Wipe it around the vinyl in circles with the grooves then use a dry part and wipe around till try. Never fails me, vinyl comes up like new :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

cool, thanks for the tips!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

AFTERSHAVE with an aul T-Shirt

works good smells nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

vodka is the best thing for cleaning vinyl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

An oul shpit and a rub of tee-shirt inside does the trick for me.....

;)

Advertisement