Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky won't give me a 2nd box

• 21-06-2006 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Hi, was just in contact with Sky.

Back in Oct they set me up with the full package, our phoneline (at the wall) was damaged so they installation guy didn't bother hooking it in - saying that it shouldn't be a prob. Since then we have disconnected the phoneline altogether as it was a pointless expense.

So now another guy in the house wants Sky so I thought it'd be easy to just get a 2nd box in and pay the extra €15 a month or whatever it is. They say they won't do it cos I don't have a phoneline, I say I've been paying €60 a month and they should bloody well do what I tell them to.. so now we're at a stalemate.

Is it easy to just pay an Irish installation guy to stick a 2nd box in? What does one do? I'm nearly considering just leaving Sky and going with NTL and getting them to give me broadband too.. ah I dunno :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Sky require a phoneline when you have multiroom as it allows them to check that both boxes are in the same house. Otherwise some unscrupulous folks might get a multiroom subscription and give the second box to their dad/friend/granny etc who would in turn be getting the full package for €15.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

presumably you'd need a second dish if grandma down the road wanted it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yup you would need a second dish if you were to use it in a different house!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Georgey Burgess

Its probably to stop you hooking up with yer next door neighbour for a discount fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

connundrum wrote:
    Is it easy to just pay an Irish installation guy to stick a 2nd box in? What does one do? I'm nearly considering just leaving Sky and going with NTL and getting them to give me broadband too.. ah I dunno :confused:
    Well you signed a contract for a year and agreed to keep it connected to the phone line (assuming you got the box and dish "free"). The installer shouldn't have put it in without connected to a working line.

Your only options are 2 seperate subscriptions or get a phone line installed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement