Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speed cameras or not

Options
  • 21-06-2006 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭

You have probably noticed on a lot of routes now there are poles overhanging the road at regular intervals with what look like 2 or 3 cameras on each of them. (I'm not taking about the very tall traffic monitoring single camera's) I think they may be something to do with traffic monitoring aswell? Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Are they not for the traffic show on 103.2FM in the morning and evenings???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Yes, they monitor regplates at various points on given routes to calculate travel times.
    See the results of the Naas road ones on www.n7.ie when it is back working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Yeh, they work out journey times on routes. Take a picture of your reg, as far as I know. They don't do 'speed checks' as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

NeMiSiS wrote:
    Yeh, they work out journey times on routes. Take a picture of your reg, as far as I know. They don't do 'speed checks' as such.

Cheers for the info folks - What is concerning I suppose is that they could be used in the future for speed checks/working out average speeds etc (I suppose its not too much of a concern on car parks like the M50!)

Advertisement