Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help With Music

Options
  • 21-06-2006 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

hey, im ina bit of trouble with music (only picked it up this year). my main problems is the melody writing:

MAJOR MELODY:
    when you modulate in bars 7 and 8, do you end on so fi so in the tonic or in the dominant?

MINOR MELODY:
    do you include a sequence....
    do you modulate at all in bar 7 and 8?

all help is appreciated with many thanks....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

The Agogo wrote:
    hey, im ina bit of trouble with music (only picked it up this year). my main problems is the melody writing:

MAJOR MELODY:
    when you modulate in bars 7 and 8, do you end on so fi so in the tonic or in the dominant?

Should be interrupted cadence. 7 = IV 8 = V
    You should end on dominant.

Just for reference
    Bar 7 = IV, Bar 8 = V
    Bar 11 = IV, Bar 12 = V
    Bar 15 = V, Bar 16 = I
    MINOR MELODY:
    do you include a sequence....
    do you modulate at all in bar 7 and 8?

If at all possible stay away from a minor question. Same can be said for a compound time question if you're still asking major questions the night before the exam

My advice is, if you see a minor key or compound time on question 1, have a look at question 3. If it doesn't ask you to do it in a specific form then go for it

If you must though...
    Why wouldn't you include a sequence?
    It'd probably be easiest to modulate to the major in bar 7 and 8

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

alright thanks..but i only had one year so i studied only one question in the melody section

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Pez

Can anyone tell me the cadences please?
    i know V-I is perfect cadence
    whats plagal interupted and imperfect? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

plagal: I-IV
    interuppted:VI-V
    Imperfect:I-V

Advertisement