Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advent HDE 500 MCE PC

• 21-06-2006 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Picked up an ex demo Advent HDE500 pc from PC world yesterday. Nice bit of kit. Of course being an ex demo they had lost the recovery cd, ir blasters, keyboard and its associated usb controller, MCE remote etc. I have tried to create the Advent recovery disks but the software gives an error message that they have been created already and cannot be created again! Is there any way around this? I have searched for the iso image as mentioned on the support site but it aint there

As I mentioned the IR blasters are missing does anyone have a spare that they dont require or know where I can just purchase the blaster I already have a HP MCE remote?

Does anyone have this pc and have you already created the recovery dvd? If so could you please, please copy it for me I would of course pay for disks postage etc.?

PC world in Blanchardstown (Dublin) have been less then helpful in providing the missing bits and have suggested that I buy them but are unable to point me in the right direction as to where to buy them.

Installed the PC last night and it works great, easiest mce pc that I have ever set up. Evrything worked as it should.

Any help and in particular in relation to the recovery disks would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The IR blaster and remote can be purchased new from Komplett for €33.

Depending on the method of recovery the operating system files may be present on the HD have you tried searching for an I386 folder.

I just Google'd advent recovery disc problem and it seems some of them have a HD image with they can restore from without requiring a CD but I don't know if that applies in your case but it probably doesn't.

Further Google searches revealed that the Advent recovery system either prompts you [or does it automatically] after creating the recovery disc then deletes the recovery ISO image from the computer HD which doesn't sound good at all.

Lastly I don't know if this will be any good to you but I saw this mentioned how to create a recovery disc without using the "Recovery Media Creator". You could try searching for any images on the hard drive in case it wasnt deleted and just use something like IMGBurn to burn the recovery image.

Hopefully someone can sort you out with one if none of the above pan out.

Advertisement