Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barbeque in Dublin

Options
  • 21-06-2006 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi Guys , I have been asked in my company to organise a Barbeque in July \ August for circa 100 people. Anyone got some suggestions . We are based on the South West of Dublin ??
    Any ideas welcomed ???

Cheers

Steve

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭EWheelChair

Ribs, buy ribs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Burgers always go down well...

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

sausages and beer.....lots and lots of beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Eh posting in the Dublin forum? :)

Moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Bin bags to clean up after :) BBQ chicken ftw!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

sjjhynes wrote:
    Anyone got some suggestions

Sit down with a cup and tea and read a book.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

nesf wrote:
    Eh posting in the Dublin forum? :)

Moved.

nah just a smartarse answer :) couldnt resist!
    still in de real capital

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

sjjhynes wrote:
    Hi Guys , I have been asked in my company to organise a Barbeque in July \ August for circa 100 people. Anyone got some suggestions . We are based on the South West of Dublin ??
    Any ideas welcomed ???

Cheers

Steve

I'm confused as to why anyone would need ideas for a BBQ :confused:
    Cook, eat, relax

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Savman wrote:
    I'm confused as to why anyone would need ideas for a BBQ :confused:
    Cook, eat, relax

He could be looking for a location to host it. If it's a work do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Try Leopardstown racecourse....they have evening meetings during the summer with BBQ's and live music. We had a company night out there last summer and it was great fun !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sjjhynes

Sorry , My mistake , I'm looking for Venue Ideas.
    I'm not thinking out of the box today .
    Thanks Santa Claus for your suggestion , looked it up. They harge €40 per head and I don't think there is any racing on .......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

sjjhynes wrote:
    Sorry , My mistake , I'm looking for Venue Ideas.
    I'm not thinking out of the box today .
    Thanks Santa Claus for your suggestion , looked it up. They harge €40 per head and I don't think there is any racing on .......

I'd imagine there is racing on...they kinda only open the racecourse when the racing is on ! (40€ would be a bit steep for a barbeque in the bar beside club 92)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sjjhynes

Suggestions for a Venue for Barbeque in Dublin hs dried up . Anyone else out there have any ideas ?
    Come on ! :)
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Try Wanderers Rugby Club on the Merrion Rd. I know they rent out the place and have seen numerous functions on there, BBQ's etc. They also let you put up marquees and whatnot so you would have a free reign to plan as you liked...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Any sports clubhouse will host an event like this for that amount of people with full bar...you organise the rest..actual bbq etc..

The last one I was at was in kilmacud crokes (sp?) gaa club in stillorgan...approx 100-150 people...wouldn't recomend the venue as the actual bar/"disco" area was crap, but that's the type of venue you should look for...the reason ours was crap though was very poor organisation.

Make sure you can have it mainly outdoors...enquire about a makeshift outdoor bar (paying for the beer and staff on top of rental) and generally just make sure there's enough room for people to stand around eat/chat/drink inside and out.

A venue I would recommend would be Monkstown rugby club, 2 minutes rom the merrion road...or possiblt old belvedere rugby club...those are the type of venues I'd recommend anyway.

Best of luck and the golden rule is, no matter where you it, make sure you get plenty of people out, get the food right and lots of beer and for the most part, the bbq party will take care of its self.

Advertisement