Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nobody will sell me a new Alfa Romeo

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

147 is a lovely car and not to bad reliability wise but depreciation on a new one would be a killer, plus the pre face lift is way nicer, did they do the diesel in that?

or maybe try a facelifted on 156 with the 2.4 litre diesel :p

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Got an update for ye guys.

I contacted Alfa once by phone and they never replied than I emailed them and they called the next day apologising and expalined the 147 JDTM are indeed a rare beast. Then Airton finally got back to me last Friday and we're arranging a testdrive of a 5 door 147 JTDM this week.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Good luck with it Endplate and enjoy!

Redman

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Cyrus wrote:
    147 is a lovely car and not to bad reliability wise but depreciation on a new one would be a killer, plus the pre face lift is way nicer, did they do the diesel in that?

or maybe try a facelifted on 156 with the 2.4 litre diesel :p

I think the pre-facelift was only available in the 140bhp. But I am open to correction.

Endplate, If your test drive falls through, I will bring you for a spin if you like. Remeber, its all about 2nd and 3rd gear.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

I know you've got your heart set on an alfa diesel, but at least take a test drive in the other diesel cars like the BMW320d, Audi A4 TDI, Passat TDI etc.
    just for Comparison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Mc-BigE wrote:
    I know you've got your heart set on an alfa diesel, but at least take a test drive in the other diesel cars like the BMW320d, Audi A4 TDI, Passat TDI etc.
    just for Comparison

Yup looked into those. My father in law has the new Passat. Lovely car I did condsidered it but I need to go for a highline if I want the spec I'm after. I don't want to go mad paying for extras cos they don't add much for resale. I like saloon cars but I love the handyness of a hatchback. Alfa 147 really is the first car I've come accross that has almost everything I want from looks inside and out, level of equipment and engine power.

Prospect thanks for the offer I'll keep you in mind. And yes the preface lift was 140bhp

The dealer seems keen now he keeps ringing to finalising the test drive have ye any tips for bargining him if I decide to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

endplate wrote:
    have ye any tips for bargining him if I decide to buy

If it's a straight cash deal and you don't need any optional extras, go for list price - 10% to have the car on the road

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

nope u can get a 2.4 156 pre facelift

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Cyrus wrote:
    nope u can get a 2.4 156 pre facelift

Sorry, confusion there. I was referring to the 147.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

endplate wrote:
    have ye any tips for bargining him if I decide to buy

AFAIK, Alfa only discount if you're a member of a body with which they have negotiated a fleet discount. Even at this, the discount is very small -1 or 2%, from memory.

• Advertisement
Advertisement