Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How was the Classics exams??

Options
  • 21-06-2006 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭

What did people think of it?
    I thought it was okay overall...even though nothing I had specifically studied came up!! :(

I did:
    Alexander the Great:
    - Orientalising
    - Oracles and Omens (those two were my best i think)

Greek Drama:
    -Oedipus ( soo bad just awful!!)
    -Medea Marraige question, it was so random i thought.

Epic:
    -Penelope and Telemachus (wierd question)
    -Pious Aeneas (ok)

Greek Art:
    the two statue questions
    - i had studied loads of different statues and none came up dammit! :'(

Had just enough time aswell.
    How bout every one else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Alex:
    -The Coastal Policy. Was gonna do the omens but then realised I didnt know the names of the battles that alex experienced the omens, but I knew the omens!
    -Orientalism. Handy enough question.

Greek Drama:
    -Oedipus. Alright question
    -Medea. Weird question did my best

Epic:
    -Telemachus and Penelope. Weird question did my best.
    -Aeneas' sense of duty. Okay question. I just nattered on bout how he's not a real character and is just a tool.

Roman Art:
    -The garden painting. Was grand cos its the only painting I know well.
    -Ara Pacis & Arch of Septimius Severus comparison. Was fine. Just had to mention the Cult of the Emperor.

Overall not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Roll on Music and then freedom!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Everything was ok except for the Epics.3 questions on the Aenied and only 1 on the Odyssey???Completely messed up the exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Googe

Went pretty well for me,

Alex: I did Orientalism and Coastal Policy (Miletos) we had been geared by our teacher toward therse questions for awhile so I was delighted they came up.

Epic: Pretty tough I thought, only 1 Odyssey question and a strange one to boot. Waffled on about Telemachus gaining maturity and this helping the relationship with Penelope.

The Aeneas sense of duty went pretty well, mentioned Dido and Aeneas being a tool of the Gods.

Plays: I liked both the Prometheus and Medea questions pretty fair I thought no weird sub plot questions that have come up in previous years.

Roman Art: Relieved that Lepeis Magna came up, only town I knew about
    Did the painting, wasn't sure of the name of it but did the other two parts well.

Over-all releived that something went well for me, everything else had been pretty average.

Advertisement