Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List your top 6 points predictions..

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 TommyGrav

JCB wrote:
    :eek: How can anyone be sure of an A1 in economics?!?:eek:
    I did it and it's just really hard to develop the points enough for what they want! Fair play to ya!
    Anyway, my predictions.....
    Economics = 80
    Applied Maths = ?
    Irish = 100
    English = 80
    Maths = 90
    French=80
    Accounting = 100
    Total = 530:eek: :D

Ah I'm not sure at all! But the questions were lovely and I went into huge detail to give them no way to drop points, which is key ion economics. Of course I'll lose points somewhere, but if I had to guess I'd say I'm about 93-94%. Could well be wrong of course, but if I'm pessimistic I'll just be pissed off until August.
    Like the rest of the country, I'm keeping very quiet in real life about my predictions, just in case I look like a tool in August. But I can always "disappear" from here if I end up failing everything, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Total: 515. Which would be a disaster.
    If I ever hear anybody say that, I'm going to slap them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 TommyGrav

Aard wrote:
    If I ever hear anybody say that, I'm going to slap them.

Not really. There's a reason those courses have such high points. They generally do lead to the most attractive careers. If you can find stuff you want lower fair play, but both my 2 favourite courses were 550+. And this'll influence the rest of my life remember.

I'm not particularly stressed, but I would be mighty dissappointed if I missed them both.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

smemon wrote:
    it's planning for the future. if you don't predict your wasting you time applying to the cao ;)

it's also a laugh diggin up these threads in august and comparing :D

Yeah, laughing at how out your estimate was :rolleyes:

In fact, I'll buy any boardsies a drink, if there estimate is within 10 points of there actual score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Im scare to do this!Im not!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

d4gurl wrote:
    Im scare to do this!Im not!:D

go on, u know u want to. plus, you get a free drink if u guess right :)

what have you got to lose? there's no such thing as 'jinxing', that's all hocus pocus stuff.

go on, throw you hat into the ring d4 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 fraulein

In fact, I'll buy any boardsies a drink, if there estimate is within 10 points of there actual score.

Is that a good or a bad thing? You think we all did sh**e or we all got way more than we're predicting? I'm very sure of my own prediction..hey where do you live? I might just be taking you up on that offer in august and you'll be regretting making it to everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Sounds good, free beer! Can we estimate more than one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭HoboJesus

English: 70
    Maths: 80
    Physics: 90
    History: 75
    Art: 100
    Applied: ** (haven't done the test yet)

Total: 415 + **. Estimating Applied maths at about 70 or 80 I'm well on track for the points I need for TP in TCD :). Unless of course it jumps back up to the 500s =/.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

i think everyone has a rough prediction in their head.. i dont believe anyone who says they have "absolutely no idea" what they'll get..

predicting can be accurate, a friend of mine a few years ago guessed every one of his grades right :eek:

predicitng other peoples is stupid obviously, and i'd also have my doubts about giving myself A1s... but not many people here have that same doubt.. so good luck y'all :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

Here goes...

* Irish 90 pts
    * English 80 pts
    * French 90 pts
    * Biology 90 pts
    * History 75 pts
    * Physics 70 pts

Total = 495 pts (I´ll take that!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

English 70
    German 75
    Biology 70
    Irish 55
    Art 60
    Accounting 55

Total 385 i fink..

Just need anova 15 points and we'll be sorted!
    My whole career hangs in the balance!
    About 4 million seconds left til i find out!
    AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

God I'm hungry...

Advertisement