Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction Studies (H)

Options
  • 21-06-2006 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Ah was hard enuf

Q.1 Think I got most of it right
    Q.2 Very easy question
    Q.4 Got the dimensions wrong for the raft foundations
    Q.5 Made a balls of it got 0.2 as my u-value
    Q.7 Ah think I got most of it right

Say I shud come out with a B

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JCB

eamoss wrote:
    Ah was hard enuf

Q.1 Think I got most of it right
    Q.2 Very easy question
    Q.7 Ah think I got most of it right

Say I shud come out with a B

Were you hoping for an A ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Yeah high B r an A2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

eamoss wrote:

:confused: i got that too and i couldnt figure out where i went wrong. perhaps an error on the paper :)

smemon wrote:
    :confused: i got that too and i couldnt figure out where i went wrong. perhaps an error on the paper :)
    There was two other lads in my class who got 0.2 as well so it might have been? That cudnt happen cud it an error on the paper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

i got 0.2 aswell.

Bastard of a paper. was hopin for an A. n ow ill be lucky to get a B

• Advertisement

Could any of uz do part B of question 5

Didnt even know wer to start

It came up a few years ago too.

You get heat rate first any way.

I couldnt do it after that

Most lads in my class got €9 as the answer.

How did ye close the cavity for the bottom of the door?

i got €54 for part (b) in u-value q.
    complete guess though i just multiplied and divided anything i saw!!

as for closing the cavity, i just put a 40mm thin layer of something over it :p

can some egg head work the u-value out and see if it was 0.2??

Did I do anything wrong there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

It looks good. Just to reassure myself, I did out the heat loss one - anyone else get €65.02?
    eamoss wrote:
    I just realised I completely forgot to give those dimensions! Ah well, hopefull won't be worth too much.

Q.1 Ok. The bit under the door was a bit odd.
    Q.2 Easy.
    Q.4 On the whole easy (unless you could only vaguely remeber the raft foundations like me!)
    Q.5 Grand. Last part was a little confusing (does DPC count?)
    Q.7 Grand apart from the fact that I can never figure out where to put the ceiling joist.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

i got the same u-value as u guys but i made a balls of the cost bit i got the cost of heating the place for the year :(
    Ended up with a price like €1500

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I got the same U-Value as well.......

so it looks like we're all right. 0.206 is the answer, even though that's illegal in modern day walls :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

either that or they've some sort of evil catch in the question which we've all missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

I didn't like that paper at all, was hoping for a high B but i don't think i will get it. Q1 was grand, got .206 for the U-value but messed up the cost thing, i got the rate of heat loss but i didn't know where to go from there. I should have done the other drawing q aswell, the timber frame bit put me off.

[/Edit] I finished yesterday :D

:mad: :mad:
    caesar wrote:
    I didn't like that paper at all, was hoping for a high B but i don't think i will get it. Q1 was grand, got .206 for the U-value but messed up the cost thing, i got the rate of heat loss but i didn't know where to go from there. I should have done the other drawing q aswell, the timber frame bit put me off.

****e!! Just looked at paper again and it said TIMBER FRAME. I just did normal cavity wall. I really needed an A in that well there's no hope of that now!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

whassupp2 wrote:

****e!! Just looked at paper again and it said TIMBER FRAME. I just did normal cavity wall. I really needed an A in that well there's no hope of that now!:mad:
    Sorry for mentioning it :o

whassupp2 wrote:

LOL I made the same mistake but when I had most of it done I re-read the question & changed it but it didnt look right at all tho. Anyway they will prob mark the paper easy cos evey1 found it hard!

Advertisement