Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The moderators forum gone?

Options
  • 21-06-2006 6:23pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I can't view it for ages, asked a few people and they say its working ok? something wrong with me?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Lenny wrote:
    I can't view it for ages, asked a few people and they say its working ok? something wrong with me?

Can you actually see the link in System?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Lenny wrote:
    youre probably banned for showing stuff from there to merc_tilt?
    Or so I heard...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I've wondered about it too.
    I can see neither Moderator or Hosted Moderator on the dropdown System Menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Neither can I, but if I click on the System link, I can access it from the forum list page.

I just assume the script can't be arsed checking whether you're a moderator or not when supplying the javascript?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Yeah, someone banned Lenny (not me, I certainly considered doing so, but some admin or s-mod got there before me) because showing Merc_Tilt posts there encouraged his pathetic belief that he had some sort of inside track on things.

I suppose since Merc_Tilt's banned now whoever it is might want to unban Lenny, but then again, it'll only mean Merc seeing the moderators forum again (by the way folks there's nothing too exciting there if you're curious, really unless you share Merc's desire to view yourself as somehow more clued in about things that really aren't very important [i.e. you're Bubbles] it's really not worth it to anyone who isn't a mod) and that'll only encourage him to post with yet another duplicate account, with the usual irritating posts (which is to say, posts written by Merc).

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It wasn't me
    [/shaggy]

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Save Save Save! With out Select Spectacular Summer Sale Super Saver prices:

A thread of your choice emailed to you from the moderator forum: €50
    A person of your choice banned from AH: €300 (50% discount if it's Pighead)
    A person of your choice banned from Work: €500 (harder to make look genuine)

Join our Regular Customer Service for just €30 and enjoy 5% discounts on all our product range. All major credit cards and paypal accepted. Pm for details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 062006

Talliesin wrote:
    Yeah, someone banned Lenny (not me, I certainly considered doing so, but some admin or s-mod got there before me) because showing Merc_Tilt posts there encouraged his pathetic belief that he had some sort of inside track on things.

I suppose since Merc_Tilt's banned now whoever it is might want to unban Lenny, but then again, it'll only mean Merc seeing the moderators forum again (by the way folks there's nothing too exciting there if you're curious, really unless you share Merc's desire to view yourself as somehow more clued in about things that really aren't very important [i.e. you're Bubbles] it's really not worth it to anyone who isn't a mod) and that'll only encourage him to post with yet another duplicate account, with the usual irritating posts (which is to say, posts written by Merc).

Firstly... lets get over your it takes 3 clicks to ban thing... it takes just a few more clicks to sign up....
    thought we should rest that to bed. Time is a personal thing.

Now i have a few personal accounts that happily meet the boards.ie sanitry rules and happily post away. such is life :) Feel free to be pissed off. Owning vbulletin and noting cookie security etc is cool but I have nothing against boards.ie It's a great information site. Something I have always promoted. Top site.

you can say different. I have WMD's etc.

So I made you look like a twat. Boards is not a grown up site for example. Sorry about that. but you were talking out your arse. Your sexually experriance ass I have no doubt :D

Try not to dissinformation me.

Thanks.

xxxx
    DavidR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 062006

oh btw don't tell paeople I can post in prison when I Can't.

Don't be afraid.

I am long gone...but lies make Jesus babies cry.

Sorry I made you look like a fool. i was more into educating you.

God bless!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

062006 wrote:
    oh btw don't tell paeople I can post in prison when I Can't.

Don't be afraid.

I am long gone...but lies make Jesus babies cry.

Sorry I made you look like a fool. i was more into educating you.

God bless!

Paeople? Does not compute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

062006 wrote:
    Try not to dissinformation me.

untitled.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I miss mercury_tilt - he was interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hagar wrote:
    I've wondered about it too.
    I can see neither Moderator or Hosted Moderator on the dropdown System Menu.

The Moderator's forum is set as private. This means that it will only appear for those who can see it. So when a non-mod goes into the System category, the mod forum doesn't appear at all.

The drop-down menus at the top are static (with the exception of the Subbed menu), they're regenerated each morning. Since they're generated from a Guest's aspect, none of the private forums appear on it, including the Moderator's forum.

Mercie, stay off the sauce :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i also miss mercie.

he was a breath of fresh air tbh.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I miss Mercie too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I'm pretty sure I didn't do it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

the plot thickens...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Nobody fights the power like Mercie :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

T'was Dev I believe. And I am Merc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dieyounger

psi wrote:
    Nobody fights the power like Mercie :rolleyes:

Its not really a fight the power thing Psi though I do like to abuse the sheep every now and then. I do suffer from interweb tourretts and I am in therepy for it.

But one should always reserve the right to reply when being spoken about. Other wise I would not have been assed.

If lenny is banned from the site because his ip shows up as mine well that would be mine fault as well as his. Being a friend and having worked with me in the past there is a chance his ip would have shown and the same as my work or home. He has also left himself logged in on a few occasions and you can spot those by the fact that he has a number of deleted posts on the site due to me hitting reply...posting...and then seing his name as the poster. I think I replaced the posts with a "."

The mod board issue (now not an issue as DeV did kindly "speak" to me) never had anything to do with him.

So...eh toodles!

Hobart wrote:
    T'was Dev I believe. And I am Merc.

Yes...yes you are my little buddy!

You do a bang up job being me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I recently became mod and I can't see the mod forum at all. What's wrong with me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I recently became mod and I can't see the mod forum at all. What's wrong with me?

This needs moving to PI
    dieyounger wrote:
    Its not really a fight the power thing Psi though I do like to abuse the sheep every now and then. I do suffer from interweb tourretts and I am in therepy for it.

But one should always reserve the right to reply when being spoken about. Other wise I would not have been assed.

Well you're certainly clever enough to go about it in more productive ways than you do.

psi wrote:

Well you're certainly clever enough to go about it in more productive ways than you do.

Have not a clue what that means in all honesty.

Anyways I am off under me rock. I have no desire to p1ss off the Admins. Irk them occasionaly... ok. P1ss them off... no thanks... not for any real reason other than they are actually nice people and the site is a good site.

Laters!

eh... I am mostly on the battlefield board if you want me :) Though with the way EA are going... probably not for much longer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Whoever added you didn't do it properly. We have a check script, I'll reinform the other admins...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,560 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Cloud wrote:
    Whoever added you didn't do it properly. We have a check script, I'll reinform the other admins...

I seem to have the same problem Cloud.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Well this is news to me that I wasn't allowed to view it! and yes I did work with merc and would be in his house looking up on boards, but at times I did not log out and he could have if he wanted to to nasty things under my name, but I didn't think he would be immature as such,
    so is there any chance in letting me view it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Yeah I'll unban you now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Thanks Asok, I honestly thought the forum was gone for smoe reason for months. what was merc orgionally banned for anyways? even see i posted this in the wrong forum :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement