Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom contract??

• 21-06-2006 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

After a six month spell with Clearwire wireless I am eventually going to get Eircom! VoIP is absolutely terrible and the cost (49.99 for 2mbs) does not justify the modest service from Clearwire in my opinion.
    Can anyone tell me if I can get an eircom phone line installed (BB ready) and then cancel for a different provider (smart, BT, etc) or am I bound to a 12 month contract etc.

Bluefish

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

You can get a phoneline installed but Eircom do not guarantee it will be BB compatible even if it's connected to a BB exchange. You'll have to take the chance and hope it will be.
    Once it's installed and passed for BB you can sign up with whoever you like. You're not tied to Eircom. If you do initially with Eircom then the contract is 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Bluefish

Cheers for that Kaise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

I have no phone connection at the moment - but if I do want to sign up, I have to pay eircom 125yoyos, before cancelling with them and signing up with another provider...pain in the a$$!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

DonalN wrote:
    I have no phone connection at the moment - but if I do want to sign up, I have to pay eircom 125yoyos, before cancelling with them and signing up with another provider...pain in the a$$!.
    The 125euro is only the line installation charge which you do not cancel. Thats only for the basic line and not for BB. Once it's installed you can sign up with what ever provider you like.

Advertisement