Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASP problem - really easy but wreaking my head

Options
  • 21-06-2006 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭

delete!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

got it sorted..not sure how tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

looking at that hideous vbscript makes me want to puke. Wait until you start using .net, its really worth the transition

i did something similar to your code for my aunties recruitment website using an access database, it was a nightmare from start to finish.

good that you got it sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

did ASP in college and was quite decent at it, but now after a couple of years i had completely forgot it!

Would like to hit onto ASP.net, is there much of a learning curve ? would like to get into PHP too, wonder is it hard ?

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

you should download visual web developer 2005 and sql server express edition.

the coding style in .net is more object oriented but you will soon realise that there are so many prebuilt things included that your apps will be built faster and will run alot better.

i just bought this book http://www.apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=415 and it guides you through building a online balloon shop from start to finish and all the software you need to make and run it is free (visual web developer 2005 and sql server express edition.). You should check it out.

Advertisement