Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

21 Years Of S.O.D.

• 21-06-2006 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah so all the hooplah is over Master Of Puppets but this year also marks the 21st anniversary of the legendary Speak English Or Die album by S.O.D. I never get tired of the beautifully un-P.C. tunes which would no doubt be more misunderstood in this day and age than they were when they were released. The reunion a few years back was a bit of a disappointment except for one absolute stroke of genius: Seasoning The Obese. If you haven't heard it, hear it, Slayer's entire career parodied into two and a half greasy minutes.

"DO YOU WANNA FRY?!?!"

Classic :p

2005_disc_SOD_seasoningtheobese.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

eh - I thought their last release was Bigger Than The Devil?

edit*

gah it was a bonus track on the reissue - nuts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Seasoning was attached to some copies of Bigger Than The Devil, it's a wee 2 inch CD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Classic album alright. First time I listened to it I wasn't payin any attention to the lyrics, got a good laugh out of it afterwards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Doctor J wrote:
    Seasoning was attached to some copies of Bigger Than The Devil, it's a wee 2 inch CD.

3 inch surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I don't really like Billy Milano but I'll be damned if S.O.D. aren't a fun listen!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

i love Speak English or die, live at the boudakan is entertaining if only to hear the ballad of jimi hendrix 3 times. Never heard that Seasoning the Obese but i really want to now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭guX

John2 wrote:
    3 inch surely?

Hell I don't know, I'm no scientician measurement guy, it's a wee cd, weeer than your average cd :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Agent Steel

Fozzy wrote:
    Classic album alright. First time I listened to it I wasn't payin any attention to the lyrics, got a good laugh out of it afterwards!

My sentiments exactly. Great band, better than great album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I remember a lad in school getting caught writing out the song titles for a copy he was making (on tape - how retro) - it was in religon class and he had to explain the title of....

Pre-Menstrual Princess Blues

oh how I wept with laughter

• Advertisement

I used to have a tape with Speak English Or Die on one side and USA For M.O.D. on the other... so much venom :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I love Bigger Than The Devil...the title track is such a good song!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Doctor J wrote:
    Seasoning The Obese

I've never heard this, didn't even know it existed, but that title is just pure class. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

S.O.D kick ASS!

Got the DVD 21 Years Of Dysfunction, its class, theres about 5 other Ballads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,632 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Heard of the band but never bothered listening to them...
    guX wrote:
    After seeing that video, i wanna get the entire back catalogue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭toffo

After seeing that video, i wanna get the entire back catalogue!

Speak english or die is the one to get, you won' be disappointed

Advertisement