Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not allowed to view new posts?

Options
  • 21-06-2006 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭

When I click on new posts it says that I am not allowed to view because I get this:

kensutz, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Is it disabled again?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Yeah the old search now has access restricted to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Who can access it? Subscribers? Mods? Or just admins?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Admins & Smods afaik

you lucky lucky people.....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

So checking peoples previous posts etc. cant be done now? (in order say if thinking of buying something off someone on adverts.ie checking out their history here etc.) That sucks big time. :mad:

• Advertisement

Perhaps subscribers can access it? 'Cos I know I can.

Make's it harder for mods too. They won't be able to look over a poster's previous posts to get an idea of their regular behaviour if they're acting the maggot.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

So checking peoples previous posts etc. cant be done now? (in order say if thinking of buying something off someone on adverts.ie checking out their history here etc.) That sucks big time. :mad:
    Um,that seems to still work. Have you tried it?

Myth wrote:
    Well thats just worse i dont like the road they are taking with the site i have to say.

Edit: What i mean by the above is if they are removing features and only allowing subscribers to view them.

Karoma wrote:
    Um,that seems to still work. Have you tried it?
    this link doesnt work for me (your posts Karoma [Find all posts by Karoma]) http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?do=finduser&u=7475

optiplexgx270, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Well thats just worse i dont like the road they are taking with the site i have to say.

Edit: What i mean by the above is if they are removing features and only allowing subscribers to view them.
    It was always insisted that people would never have to pay a subscription for things which were previously free.

I'm sure they're working on getting the boardtracker search back in.

Hope i'm wrong and your right, i suspect you may be and its a case of integrating the new search fully - i do like the new search a lot the old one was next to useless at times.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Myth wrote:

Well I'm a subscriber and I can't. All I can access is that crappy Boardtracker search with the cartoon of the dog on it.

zaph wrote:
    Well I'm a subscriber and I can't. All I can access is that crappy Boardtracker search with the cartoon of the dog on it.

Hrm, no I do have access to the old search (and the boardtracker one). I'm sure it'll be corrected soon, if I'm not meant to have access :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Myth wrote:
    Hrm, no I do have access to the old search (and the boardtracker one). I'm sure it'll be corrected soon, if I'm not meant to have access :)
    It became a subscriber perk a while ago. Think Regi mentioned it

edit:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51430553&postcount=148

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

is there anyway to use the new search find your own previous posts ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

new search is pretty rubbish imo... can't replace vB search :(
    Boards has just gotten crapper fart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Not having the option to search by "other posts by" on such a huge boards, is really frustrating, specially for those of us who have been around a while and have 1000+ posts, is there no other (less used maybe) function we could sacrifice instead?

b

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

All is working for me, thankfully, as us mods need it sometimes to make a decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

No features have been removed however the Admins have switched on the "Ugly Filter".
    Some of you may be adversely affected by this but it's all your mother's fault really.
    Boards.ie disclaims all responsibility for your family's failed DNA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Sorry guys - the vBulletin search is very poorly written in places - and therefore I've limited Advanced Search to moderators.

The search is almost definitely the reason for the site slowdown. I think that the alternative is much better than a slow-crawling site.

I realise the links to New Posts and Search are not all right - I'll fix them today to point to BoardTracker's search. (Was in a bit of a hurry last night when editing templates).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Hagar wrote:
    No features have been removed however the Admins have switched on the "Ugly Filter".
    Some of you may be adversely affected by this but it's all your mother's fault really.
    Boards.ie disclaims all responsibility for your family's failed DNA.

Fantastic - this should go in the newbie FAQ :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

This is so unfair... I hate you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

yeah, god now im scared of the drunken ramblings i mightve gotten upto here without being able to find them!

Advertisement