Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Cafe Set-Up - DEMO/FREE Games

Options
  • 21-06-2006 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hey Guys,

I work for a crowd that runs some yet to open high-spec Internet cafes dotted around the city. We plan on putting some games onto our systems but we need some recommendations.

The games would need to be downloadable and not online based as changing the link addresses if the games move would be major hassle!

So if anyone can recommend some cool and not too complicated games available for free or trial download please let us know.
    If any of the trial games were a hit we'd obviosly buy the full version.

OH and Multi-Player games would be first choice :d

Cheers Guys!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Try the stickie up top?

Enemy territory is obviously your best best, along with America's Army. Those are two that immediatly come up. Oh and TrackMania did a good trial too I think(Dunno what the story is with it now). A little more retro and you open up things like quakewars and the old team fortress etc... (Can't remember exact names)

{EDIT} Didn't fully read the question! :( will come back later with some more relevant answers but there are a few free full games for now :P.

Typical cafe games would include, COUNTER-STRIKE! (Forget this and your doomed ;), either original Half-life version or new HL2 version, Warcraft 3, Command and Conquer : Generals (Maybe), Warhammer RTS game (Might have died out by now), Unreal Tournament (2005?), Battlefield 1942/2 (Although hard to play just with cafe players, really need to go online). Dunno if there are trials for any, but they are some fairly staple games for a cafe, been a while so I can't really remember any more. Also, World of warcraft is probably fairly popular but I am confused as to your opinion for online games, also, I don't know if you would have a store-wide account or two for people to try it out or what...

Advertisement