Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New pics

• 21-06-2006 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭

Right Lads. Some pics here of modded goodness.

We have my lady wearing the Dark Rose armour. We have a Nazgul, and we have the Witch King of Angmar's helmet.

There is the witch King's sword also, but I haven't gotten it yet. Probably just a glorified clymore.

Let's make this pic thing regular, huh?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

The Witchking mask is class!!!

EDIT: I'm really considering playing Oblivion again actually. Play some sort of Necromancer with lots of melee and life draining sword. Customise the mods I include too. Although I just remembered that this stupid crappy game removed all of the "jump really far" or "fly around for a while" spells. How shit is that. I wonder if its been modded...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

It's logistics, really. In Morrowind the whole place was one big area that loaded when you went along. In Oblivion, the cities are seperate areas. You'd se that if you flew over them. Noclip and you'll see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Ooh, that strikes me as something that'll be very hard for modders to overcome.

What a retarded design decision. I like the mobility spells. That "this city is actually a pocket dimension" crap annoys me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Zillah wrote:
    Ooh, that strikes me as something that'll be very hard for modders to overcome.

What a retarded design decision. I like the mobility spells. That "this city is actually a pocket dimension" crap annoys me.

yeah i'd like to fly or jump reeeeeaaaalllly far aswell

For the record if your charater was real, i'd do her

I've been tweeking her (ooh, er) using the showracemenu console command. Same as when you do it first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Vodka Junkie

While on th etopic of flying and jumping has anyone seen the video of someone who completed Morrowind from start to finish in about 13 minutes? It was amazing!!! And all done without cheating! I got it on a PC Zone CD but I'm sure Google Videos or You Tube will have it.

yeah google video has it I think. Morrowing in 7 and a half minutes. I've been trying to figure out how he got the boots of blinding speed to work striaght away without going blind.

chamlis wrote:
    yeah google video has it I think. Morrowing in 7 and a half minutes. I've been trying to figure out how he got the boots of blinding speed to work striaght away without going blind.

Were they a Breton by any chance? The boots have only 50% effect on Bretons as I found out by accident when I origionally got them. The lads in the house (elves) were going on and on about how crap they were while I proclaimed their greatness, we eventually discovered that they were blind and I wasn't :D

Were they a Breton by any chance? The boots have only 50% effect on Bretons as I found out by accident when I origionally got them. The lads in the house (elves) were going on and on about how crap they were while I proclaimed their greatness, we eventually discovered that they were blind and I wasn't :D

ooooh how i remember that, it went something like this

"have you got the boots of blinding speed?"
    "Yeah they are sh1te, funny pun though, blinding speed. Get it"
    "they're class what are ya on about"
    "well i cant see a thing look"
    "hang on let me load up my save game.....look"
    "Oh My God...gimme gimme gimme gimme"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

I made some amulet or found one that had resist magic 95%(or 65%:o ) or something daft like that. Hey presto, like Ben Johnson on speed and perfect eyesight :D

• Advertisement

yeah ok, but I've a fair idea your man who did the speed run was an ork. His hands were green....

Vegeta wrote:
    ooooh how i remember that, it went something like this

"have you got the boots of blinding speed?"
    "Yeah they are sh1te, funny pun though, blinding speed. Get it"
    "they're class what are ya on about"
    "well i cant see a thing look"
    "hang on let me load up my save game.....look"
    "Oh My God...gimme gimme gimme gimme"

Yep that's it alright, I was a little slow on the puns back then...

chamlis wrote:
    yeah ok, but I've a fair idea your man who did the speed run was an ork. His hands were green....

Yeah just looked at it again, It is definately an Orc and they picked the steed star sign and they only bought two scrolls of almsivi intervention in the shop so I haven't a clue how they managed to be not blinded, suspicious I think.

Any body know if an orc's berzerk power gives them magical immunity?

Yeah just looked at it again, It is definately an Orc and they picked the steed star sign and they only bought two scrolls of almsivi intervention in the shop so I haven't a clue how they managed to be not blinded, suspicious I think.

Any body know if an orc's berzerk power gives them magical immunity?

he does rob a crazy amount of scrolls so maybe some of them are magical immunity

Vegeta wrote:
    he does rob a crazy amount of scrolls so maybe some of them are magical immunity

I woulda thought that but he's wearing the boots before he gets to Ald'Ruhn and gets the scrolls.

There was something about even if you have 100% magic resistance or whatever, but only for a second, as long as you open the menu in that second and put them on, they'll stay working. That is, untill you take them off, which he doesn't.....

I dunno what kind of spell it is, but there are some that combine with others to accumulate. Like if you make a spell or potion that has the same effect as 10% magic resistence, you can keep adding them up as long as they have different names. Two 10s won't make a 20, but two DIFFERENT kinds of 10s will....

But hey, what the hell do I know. Oblivion crashed my PC for the last time. Destroyed the registry, and now having re-installed windows, has locked me out of My Documents (where the save files are kids), so I'm gonna have to start all over again. I'm trying to rescue Steam and HL2 as we speak. I'm sure you are all aware how fascist Valve have become.

chamlis wrote:
    There was something about even if you have 100% magic resistance or whatever, but only for a second, as long as you open the menu in that second and put them on, they'll stay working. That is, untill you take them off, which he doesn't.....

I dunno what kind of spell it is, but there are some that combine with others to accumulate. Like if you make a spell or potion that has the same effect as 10% magic resistence, you can keep adding them up as long as they have different names. Two 10s won't make a 20, but two DIFFERENT kinds of 10s will....

But hey, what the hell do I know. Oblivion crashed my PC for the last time. Destroyed the registry, and now having re-installed windows, has locked me out of My Documents (where the save files are kids), so I'm gonna have to start all over again. I'm trying to rescue Steam and HL2 as we speak. I'm sure you are all aware how fascist Valve have become.

aw man, sorry to hear about having to re-install, drives me nuts when that sort of thing happens and yes valve are super paranoid over copyright protection

Tough day yesterday. My new install of windows was parrallel to my useless old, not replacing it like it would normallly. So I couldn't get access to my old My Documents. So a Linux boot CD allowed me to see the files, but not copy them out cos of NTFS issues. A repair disk I got from PC Extreme magazine last year (RIP) got me all sorts of DOS accesses, but still couldn't copy files out.

Turns out all I had to do was take ownership of the old folder with my new user name with Admin privilages (in a not-so-simple way. I'd never have figured it out....).

So I got my save games back! And important photos! Word up!

Advertisement