Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL Speed

• 21-06-2006 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

Hello All on the forum. I hope you can shed some light on this for me.When I fire up firefox and log into the admin page of my Netopia router, the speed is reported as 2048/256. If I surf for a while and check the speed it can vary with readings like 1968/256 or 908/256. I have checked the physical phone connection to the router and as far as I can tell it is O.K. Is this normal i.e. that the speed is up to 2mb(as quoted by the ISP) and that the variation on the speed is down to the number of people using the service, or should the speed be always reported as 2048 mb? Sorry if this post is long winded, but I do not wish to have to re-do the cabling in the house. Thanks in advance.:)

Advertisement