Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Well, time to buy a Bandit 600! Help!?

• 21-06-2006 8:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭

Well, that's it, I have to buy one now. Anybody here selling? Do you know anybody selling one? Could you advise me where to look (online or in dealers in Dublin)?

Any help much appreciated! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

There are loads around. I have spoken to 3 bike shops and all have something.

Are you looking to buy new or second hand? And are you looking at Factory Restricted, Restricted or full power?

Check BikeBuyersGuide if you want to get an idea for private s/h prices.

I am looking about too for something in that range but don't know whether to buy new (factory restricted) or second hand (there is not much F/R s/h bikes out there).

L.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Thanks for the link Neried! ;)

Prices for second-hand Bandits are crazy in Ireland compared to France! Some 3 year old bikes cost more than a brand new 2006 Bandit 650! :eek:

I have my eyes on a 00 with 28,000 miles for a little less than €4000 EUR. I find that SOOO expensive! But I think I'll just have to shed the extra money and save me a trip to France... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,800 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Biketech in Galway seem to sell a lot of F/R Bandits. Don't know if they have any s/hand, but worth a bell on 091 758626. If you don't want to travel, delivery can be arranged btw.......and it is only 120miles from D.....nice spin home on a Sat on a new bike...........:)

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Rang them and they've nothing at the moment... :(

Thanks for the link Neried! ;)

ok ok. :)

I was on to Megabikes in town (wexford st???) for a start, they have either 1 or 2 F/R bandits. New ones too and second hand.
    Planet fun (Glasnevin) have definitely got a new F/R one in and 3 s/h ones (dont think they are F/R though).

There are plenty more bike shops.

Compare the prices they give you to the prices listed for same model/year on bikebuyersguide

L.

• Advertisement

Thank you for this more than helpful post nereid (with the links and all)!

Rang Planet Fun but they were closed... Will try again tomorrow. Rang Megabikes and they have a few. Will pop-in on saturday to have a look. ;)

But first: Theory Test tomorrow morning! :rolleyes:

Thank you for this more than helpful post nereid (with the links and all)!

Yeah, sorry about that :o

Im off to have a look at one myself now...

Good luck in the Theory test. 40/40 all the way.....

:)

L.

nereid wrote:
    Yeah, sorry about that :o
    I wasn't being sarcastic! :D I really meant it: thank you! I hate looking for stuff like that on the web...
    nereid wrote:
    Im off to have a look at one myself now...
    Let me know how you get on!
    nereid wrote:
    Good luck in the Theory test. 40/40 all the way.....
    That's the plan anyway! :D

40/40 FTW! :D P!ss easy to be honest...

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭s10

TOGETHER ,,, if u both found a bike in the same shop
    places like mega bikes the owners are not there 24 / 7 so i don't know what deals they could do .
    but places like bray honda center , Lme in windy arbour, will knock a good deal off if the 2 of u found something in the same shop,,
    megabikes , kawi centre in ranelagh, (if its still there) and yamaha center inbetween o'connell st and dorset st,, are all paying alot for rent.
    The old bikes are dear in these places
    Liam in Lme has reduced his stock considerably but always has one or two rare/ interesting bikes, even though i never got a bike off him all my friends i recomended him and he looked after them.
    Bray honda center, i havent been to ina while difficult to find if u on foot or no map, but they have a wide range of secondhand, (nearly) all secondhand last time i was there,
    any reason u want a restricted 600 bandit.insurance or licence?

• Advertisement

s10 wrote:
    ...any reason u want a restricted 600 bandit.insurance or licence?

For me anyway, it is a little from column a and a little from column b. Well more like A lot from column a because the ins doubles. That is despite RoSPA Silver (30% aon discount, CN say "thats nice") and 3 years NCB.

Stefano, I was in mega bikes and they have some beautiful bandit's in there. Black 03 and a 05. There is an ABS one there too.

Can't remember the prices of each one though.

L.

nereid wrote:
    For me anyway, it is a little from column a and a little from column b. Well more like A lot from column a because the ins doubles. That is despite RoSPA Silver (30% aon discount, CN say "thats nice") and 3 years NCB.

Stefano, I was in mega bikes and they have some beautiful bandit's in there. Black 03 and a 05. There is an ABS one there too.

L.
    Will probably pop-in tomorrow to have a look at these! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭s10

nereid wrote:

L.
    they have a list of prices right in front of u as u go in the door,
    btw i'll be selling my bike soon enough, between now an september (heading to canada for the year)
    its a tdm850 prob too powerful for ya , hehheh
    they are a sweet bike esp around 1st 2nd gear & ive yet to hear them slated by any irish owners.(bring it on )

s10 wrote:
    its a tdm850 prob too powerful for ya , hehheh

Yes, it is waaaaaay too powerful for me. However, I predict something magical in the air around January when the DoE decide that all of a sudden I gain magical powers that allow me to drive unrestricted.

L.

Advertisement