Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japan plug -> Irish plug

Options
  • 21-06-2006 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to buy a japanese camera and the plug on it needs to be converted so I can use it in Ireland. Does anyone know where I could get a plug adaptor for a japanese gadget?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Just cut the plug off the gadget and put an Irish plug on. If you can't do that due to it having a transformer plug just get a US plug adaptor as it is the same as the Japanese one. Japan works on a 100V supply so be aware of that.

Cal.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Well the plug is for a battery charger for the camera. If I change the plug and use it here would I be overcharging it here in Ireland because we're more than 100volts?

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

JoeyD wrote:
    Well the plug is for a battery charger for the camera. If I change the plug and use it here would I be overcharging it here in Ireland because we're more than 100volts?

Check the rating on the charger and be sure it can take 240V. If not then you will require a step-down transformer.

Cal.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Most camera battery chargers are capable of taking in 100-240V but as Cal says, it's best to check. If it does take 220V, you can probably use a shavers adapter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement