Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chicken pox

• 21-06-2006 10:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

goddamnit these are killing me now,

only got them a day and they spread down to my chest stomach and legs.

the problem is they also appeared on my sack and on the head on my penis. ouch i hear you say...

just wondering is this normal and is it ok to stick calamine lotion there.

if it helps i'm in my 20's and got this off my nephew, and it's not a sti as well you know

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

They're going around. I've never had them, and there's a guy in work whose child has them, so I'm steering clear of him :D

Get yourself to a doctor. Chickenpox is relatively harmless as a child, but can be very serious to an adult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Stay away from anyone pregnant, chicken pox and pregnancy is a very, very bad mix!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

I'm hoping this isn't construed as medical advice as it's an over the counter treatment homeopathic treatment, but Mods please remove if necessary.

Both my nephews and my niece had this in the past few weeks and my sister in law had them on something called Rustox (sp?) which cleared up their spots a lot faster than any of their school friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭Calibos

......... over the counter treatment homeopathic treatment, but Mods please remove if necessary.

yeah Remove to the recycle bin

Homeopathy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

seamus wrote:
    They're going around. I've never had them
    OT, but the longer you don't have them, the worse they are. I've had them (ruined my christmas) a few years back, but if you catch them at say... 40, you could get something else as well as the ChickenPox, which is way way worse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

the_syco wrote:
    OT, but the longer you don't have them, the worse they are. I've had them (ruined my christmas) a few years back, but if you catch them at say... 40, you could get something else as well as the ChickenPox, which is way way worse.

Shingles is a reactivation of the chickenpox that you had earlier as the virus causing it lies dromant in the nerves.

http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/chickenpox.html
    http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/Mosby_factsheets/shingles.html

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

My hubby had them 2 years ago. It got pretty bad, sorry to say. Its also normal to get them inside your mouth and on the soles of your feet, if its really bad.:( Get to the doc to get checked if you havent already he will recommend what to use, and where you can use it. A complication of chickenpox in adults is pneumonia, so best to be safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Get thee to a doctor.

Avoid 'activity' of any kind until you are clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭GoldieBear

Sometimes chicken pox develop into shingles in older adults so definately go to your GP. Also apart from the calamine lotion , you should have a bath in bread soda as it will ease th discomfort. Hope you get better soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

but doesn't shingles only effect one side of the body and never crosses the mid ridge of your body.

i have spots all down my chest stomach pubic area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

shingles is a ****ing bitch...among the most unpleasant ailments i've ever suffered.

Go to Doctor pronto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Go to the doctor. He/she might be able to prescribe something that will heal it..and maybe give you better relief than the calomine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

poxy wrote:
    but doesn't shingles only effect one side of the body and never crosses the mid ridge of your body. i have spots all down my chest stomach pubic area.
    I somehow doubt that - I don't know. Go to doctor. Phone A&E if you have to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

You have a primary infection with chicken pox.

Shingles is a reactivation in late life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭free2fly

Try a bath product that contains oatmeal. It can be surprisingly helpful at calming the itch.

Advertisement