Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kadman and Rooferpete

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Debracd

Well according to mosy physicists yes! lol

Sorry replied to the post before you edited it.

No.. all reactions are not ok as I said.. but it is natural to react :)

Deb

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ah, so there are right and wrong reactions. Glad we agree.

Well if you consciously go around causing havoc it's not really just a reaction is it? . you'd have to be a bit unhinged like lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

Gordon wrote:
    Incidentally, I think this poll is slightly tainted.
    Burn!

Meh, I think they mods are loving the attention tbh. Just one copy of the PM would clear it all up.*

*Well, it wouldn't, but it would be interesting none the less.

• Advertisement

Oh, I think I messed up the registration to your site Deb, so give mur a big kiss from me as I can't post! xx

OOohh did you get an activation email??? It may have been caught by your spam filter!

I can activate you if you'd like to pass on your regards personally?? lol

Deb

Ah thanks petal.

the email is
    nospamtanks@hotmail.com

xx

Done gordan! But if I keep getting bounced emails you'll have to put in a real email address! lol

Deb

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Gordon wrote:
    Incidentally, I think this poll is slightly tainted.

I think you could be right there Gordon. Ever since new names started to get involved in this thread in the last couple of days, the negative side of the poll has increased over 200%.

I wonder why that happened, it sort of goes against the laws of averages .;)

kadman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I am a regular reader of this forum although I rarely post.
    What I would like to say is that I am dismayed by the stance certain posters are taking against Delly as a mod.

Why do people think that all mods are on power trips?
    Most of us have posted and been members of this community for a long time. We give our time freely to mod forums. We don't ask for, nor want, praise or special treatment. Every decision we make is subject to scrutiny by every poster who often isn't privy to all the facts.

Since I have become mod I hardly have time to post anywhere. When I do post in my own forum I run the risk of being accused of talking down to people.

Support your forum, support your mod.
    Delly is a good mod and deserves some loyalty and respect from the posters he is serving.

Hagar wrote:
    I am a regular reader of this forum although I rarely post.
    What I would like to say is that I am dismayed by the stance certain posters are taking against Delly as a mod.

Why do people think that all mods are on power trips?
    Most of us have posted and been members of this community for a long time. We give our time freely to mod forums. We don't ask for, nor want, praise or special treatment. Every decision we make is subject to scrutiny by every poster who often isn't privy to all the facts.

Since I have become mod I hardly have time to post anywhere. When I do post in my own forum I run the risk of being accused of talking down to people.

Support your forum, support your mod.
    Delly is a good mod and deserves some loyalty and respect from the posters he is serving.

Hi hagar,

In case this post is aimed at me , I would like to make the following thing crystal clear for all posters on this forum.

I have been accused on this thread that I used the terms ' power tripping nerds , mods ' in pm's to mods here, either Whitewashman, or Delly.

This is totally untrue, and despite my requests for clarification on it from the offending poster. It has not happened. Why.

If I sent any pm with the words "power tripping " to any mod . POST IT HERE NOW.

kadman

I have not addressed any part of my post at you individually, it is a general observation. If you read back you will see that many posters accused mods of power trips. I'm not going to name the posters, the posts are there for all to see. I am not privy to any PM not sent to me so I have no idea what has or has not been said by anyone via PM.

Hagar wrote:
    I have not addressed any part of my post at you individually, it is a general observation. If you read back you will see that many posters accused mods of power trips. I'm not going to name the posters, the posts are there for all to see. I am not privy to any PM not sent to me so I have no idea what has or has not been said by anyone via PM.

I understand Hagar. I just wanted to clarify it for you. There are far too many unsubstantiated claims flying around here at the moment.

There seem to be accusations flying around the feedback forum as well now, in the hope that it wont receive as much attention there . I know that anyone that knows Rooferpete will no doubt make it their business to see that forum. Definitely interesting.

Kadman

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

Two weeks ago, not a mod to be seen around this forum. I log on this morning and there seems to be dozens of them (of various different power levels) hovering around waiting for their chance to jump in with pleadings for the very life of boards. How things have changed. Our poor little forum has become very popular. All very childish and sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Carb

What on earth has happened on this forum. I finished up on Friday by jokingly referring to Saipan, then there was a reply/explanation by Rooferpete on this thread, followed by a reply on another thread to somebody's roofing query. Then I discover this morning that things have fallen apart. I would have thought if legal action was going to be threatened, it would have been at the time of the thread about the wood pellet boilers from Europe. Why threaten legal action after explaining his actions here, and to a certain extent, siding with Delly's actions.

BTW, great to see so many mods with a sudden interest in Gardening/DIY. It seems the summer brings out the greenfingers in us all:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Carb wrote:
    What on earth has happened on this forum. I finished up on Friday by jokingly referring to Saipan, then there was a reply/explanation by Rooferpete on this thread, followed by a reply on another thread to somebody's roofing query. Then I discover this morning that things have fallen apart. I would have thought if legal action was going to be threatened, it would have been at the time of the thread about the wood pellet boilers from Europe. Why threaten legal action after explaining his actions here, and to a certain extent, siding with Delly's actions.

BTW, great to see so many mods with a sudden interest in Gardening/DIY. It seems the summer brings out the greenfingers in us all:)

It also bring the wasps....................

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Kadman, I have no problem answering questions directed to me, so i'll start on your first one which is
    Kadman wrote:
    Then in the same pm , you tell me you binned my thread regarding foxtrot oscar, so as not to offend Rooferpete. When I made my upset known to you...you then in another pm said it was spam. How did it get from offensive to spam
    My first PM to you was thanking you for the bad post (sorry I didn't get your sarcastic overtones), and I simply mentioned in it that I had moved your post in a casual manner, not wishing to make it an issue:
    My PM wrote:
    Thanks, its been deleted.

I've also moved your 'Foxtrot Oscar' thread. I wouldn't want Pete thinking that your taking the mick out of him ;)
    When you further asked about with a stronger tone I replied with
    My PM wrote:
    Banter is good all right, but starting a new thread to take the mick out of Pete has no place on the forum. Its there for people to ask advice on DIY and gardening and I moved it not to protect Pete, but because it has no useful purpose.

Both yourself and Pete are one of the most regular posters on the forum and your input is always spot on. But it being such a busy forum, I don't think that I can be in the wrong for moving adverts for services or trying to keep conflict to a minimum?
    Your next point:
    Kadman wrote:
    Yet you made no attempt at discipline early in the Eastern bloc thread. Even though it was getting heated. Western bloc thread was not even off the ground , and you saw fit to question it. In consitent and unfair.
    The Eastern thread was started before I became mod, and if there was something which was a problem, then why were bad posts not reported?

The reason I asked about your 'Western bloc workers' thread can be seen in thread itself, so why ask again? Stating things like 'Fluent in english', is that not just a little obvious at who you are aiming the thread at? It should have been posted in the work section or similar, but it seems that users in the DIY forum feel it the place to start every type of thread from feedback to items for sale. The thread was left open, but obviously you feel that your motives are beyond question, which is all I did, question them.
    Kadman wrote:
    Even though in the Rooferpete Kadman poll , Rooferpete gave you what could be regarded as support in your new modding role, he was subsequently banned with out a right to reply.
    I don't questioin that he made a very decent post, but you will have to start a thread in feedback if you want to question his siteban as even I don't have that kind of power.

Personally speaking, and this is purely my own opinion, if I had a neighbour who called to my house on a regular occassion for a chat or otherwise and then one day said he was going to take legal action against me, but still wanted to come in, I would say no way, see you later. But thats just me.

Hopefully I have answered all your points, and I hope that these don't lead to new questions as I would have thought that by now you have had your full and proper say which will result in the ending of this tennis match.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭secman

Can we get back to real issues, looking for info on Wood pellet burners, real experience would be a great help, ie people who have bought, installed and used .

thanks

Secman

T

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭eddiej

Hi all,

To be honest it seems like we are no going to get anywhere here (bit this will be quoted) the mods have the final decision s we have been told and that is that. Our opinions dont count and if they dont count here why would they count in the feedback forum. I agree with everybody the only good thing to come out of this is the massive increase in posts on the forum though for all their whinging about getting back to DIY have yet to see many of the mods (muffler and delly excluded) as far as I can see posting on DIY topics. By the way where has Delly gone come on you are the forum mod answer some of the questions (see you have made a return but still no go on your mod style are these threads not enough to think maybe a bit zealous). If these mods cared so much for the boards community why has the suggestion of a less invasiuve mod been disscussed. Think WWM general use of bad language is slightly more than obvious than Peter's though maybe it was a ploy to get the thread locked. Lastly keep being told to go to other forums and not hang around here if we dont like but when I ask about some I'm told not to be lazy and try google, what is the forum for if it is not for getting such info sure we could all google every question we have instead of coming on this forum. Kadman I think the PM I sent was closer to the point than I emagined.

Eddie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,130 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Carb wrote:
    As i said in response to kadman's identical observation if that is aimed at me it is way off the mark. You can look back yourself and see that I have posted quite a bit on this forum.

I cant speak for anyone else but its very immature to post silly comments like - Oh mammy look who's gatecrashed my party.

If you have a problem (and it appears that quite a few of you do) with any member posting on this forum then contact the mod and explain why you think only certain people should be allowed to voice an opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Carb

muffler wrote:
    As i said in response to kadman's identical observation if that is aimed at me it is way off the mark. You can look back yourself and see that I have posted quite a bit on this forum.

I cant speak for anyone else but its very immature to post silly comments like - Oh mammy look who's gatecrashed my party.

If you have a problem (and it appears that quite a few of you do) with any member posting on this forum then contact the mod and explain why you think only certain people should be allowed to voice an opinion.

The concept of smilies obviously escapes some people. As a regular reader, and occasional poster on this forum, I know who posts here regularly, and who doesn't. As you are one of the people who does regularly contribute to the discussions on this forum, I find it wery strange that when people make the very obvious observation that there appears to be a lot of DIY newbies this morning, you're the first to jump on the comment. Frankly, I couldn't care who posts on this forum, but if the tone of this thread is anything to go by, I suspect there'll be a lot less in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

All you DIYers out there - Help needed urgently!

I been using a "forum" for a while now - everything was fine, it worked smoothly day in day out & all of a sudden the fcuker is broken!

It keeps making funny noises & seems to have taken on a life of its own - but is not doing what it is meant to.

Any ideas? Should I just bin it & get a new one or do you think that it can be fixed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Hill Billy wrote:
    All you DIYers out there - Help needed urgently!

I been using a "forum" for a while now - everything was fine, it worked smoothly day in day out & all of a sudden the fcuker is broken!

It keeps making funny noises & seems to have taken on a life of its own - but is not doing what it is meant to.

Any ideas? Should I just bin it & get a new one or do you think that it can be fixed?

It's a pity that there are no experts in broken forums here. Without some professional input you will get a hotch potch of opinions. Try After Hours for real input. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

smashey wrote:
    Delly didn't get to be the mod because he was liked.
    I agree.
    delly wrote:
    Banter is good all right, but starting a new thread to take the mick out of Pete has no place on the forum. Its there for people to ask advice on DIY and gardening and I moved it not to protect Pete, but because it has no useful purpose.
    Never needed to happen before, as has been pointed out, useless threads wither away on this forum, without the need for any weedkiller...

squire1 wrote:
    Two weeks ago, not a mod to be seen around this forum.
    Just because you can't see me doesn't mean I'm not here. :D
    I'm on line right now, but you can't see me as I have chosen the invisible mode of browsing. I suspect many mods do this as it lets a person view a forum without the "in your face" presence. I'm in the property management business so this forum has always been of great interest to me. I'd like to think that when things settle down again more people will get value from an excellent forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

Hagar wrote:

OMG, they've sent in the army:eek: No need to be shy Hagar. Jump in and join the fun:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Hagar wrote:
    I'm on line right now, but you can't see me as I have chosen the invisible mode of browsing.
    Ssssh, don't give away the secrets.

Wait until I tell them about the boogeyman in the shed....

• Advertisement

Hagar wrote:
    Wait until I tell them about the boogeyman in the shed....

Now surely Garden sheds are a topic for the gardening and DIY Hagar! Surely this topic needs to be moved! lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement