Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kadman and Rooferpete

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

eddiej wrote:
    By the way where has Delly gone come on you are the forum mod answer some of the questions

You are making the mistake of thinking that Delly has to answer your questions. He doesn't, nor should he.

If the rest of us Mods had a problem with his modding style, he'd already know about it, as would the Admins.
    None of us have a problem with the way he mods, if anything he could be a little stricter.
    If you don't like it, don't post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭eddiej

Beruthiel,

See my post in the feeback forum where the other thread has gone. I think that a lack of manners must be a pre requistie of being a mod as none of the mods seem to have any or are willing even to answer questions out of courtesy rather than obligation.

Really guys now that the attitude has arisen of if you dont like dont post here I probably wont once this debacle is over. As I said in feedback please outline for me how to contact the Admins

Eddie

• Registered Users Posts: 22,335 ✭✭✭✭Esel

squire1 wrote:
    OMG, they've sent in the army:eek:

What -as an 'aid to the civil power'? If you want your garden dug, just mention the 'buried treasure' here. It is too late to plant potatoes though! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

Jaysus,
    There are mods buzzing about all over this thread all of a sudden. Couldnt possibly make it any more obvious whats going on :)
    Its like the bloody Cylons are swarming to sort out the peasants.

Sad whats happened. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

eddiej wrote:
    I think that a lack of manners must be a pre requistie of being a mod as none of the mods seem to have any or are willing even to answer questions out of courtesy rather than obligation.

I personally take exception to that remark.
    Either retract it or I will report you for personal abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭eddiej

Ok, manners refers to responding to a question out of courtesy rather than obligation but report me if you feel that is the correct option.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Ok, I think we have all had our say more than once, thank you everybody for your comments, I will keep them in mind.

If you wish to make further comments on the whole issue, there is a thread in feedback to which you can post, I am not going to let any more threads on the topic here.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

he decided that he didnt need to do this, and instead went straight into the usual 'all moderators are power tripping internet nerds' at that point, if someone doesnt want my help, i said that he should take it up withthe mod.
    the power tripping nerds phrase was not a direct quote.
    otherwise i would have put it in quote format.

however, you did title your PM 'Orwell 1984', and i am well aware of the novel and the reference there in..

i hope this clears it up for those people that cant read.
    at no point did i say that kadman had used the phrase.

i said he went into the usual 'power tripping mods' stuff that most people come out with when they dont agree with a mod.

so, now that ive spelt it out for you, does this mean you are going to leave this forum kadman, or continue to post?

either way, this thread only only seems to continue for the sake of having an ol' whinge.

and thats fine, get that out of the way and let the forum continue to function for waht it was meant to do. help people with DIY issues.

as for manners and answering questions, i have asked several times to ask people what exactly what the problem is and what people think is how to fix it.

again, complaining does neither of these things.

there is a mod here. the mod is remaining here. thats not going to change. and the mods decision to bin or lock a few threads is hardly reson to jump up into arms. i just wonder why so many people take objection to it, unless its becuase some people feel they have had their toes trod on.

seriously. some people need to take a step back and get a sense of perspective here. its a bloody internet forum, not a discussion on nuclear arms disarmament.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement