Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied maths- the final hurdle

Options
  • 21-06-2006 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭

So...any predictions for the most unpredictable exam of the Leaving Cert? Everyone else is finished, grrr! I myself am hoping for a B3, I'm definitely not your typical App Maths student who finds that an A comes easily. I just pray that they don't ask impossible questions. I'm very apprehensive of the exam on Friday, this subject is soooo hit and miss for me!! Hadn't seen a thread yet, so...any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

Predictions...Rumour has it linear motion is coming up...and projectiles and collisions. I only have 6 Q's covered well, and 1 very dodgy, and an 8th Q that I might aswell forget about...If they throw up any surprises, I could be in trouble. I'm hoping for a B1/A2, but it's very possible I could get anywhere between A1 and B2

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭HoboJesus

Finally someone starts a thread about this. I'm a tad worried too, I can handle the logistics of the course really well, but some of the questions in the papers are just so roundabout with some stuff not even covered in the text >.<. (read "in the text" as "on days I showed up for class"). I'ma cram the livelong day away now but any suggestions here would be appreciated ^^.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

I'm a tad concerned also. The past two days I've just been going through a few questions making sure I understand the ins and outs of them. I got a B1 in the mocks, but in reality I should be getting anywhere between an A1-B2, depending on how lucky/mathsy I feel on the day. I'm fairly happy for projectiles, collisions and connected particles, alright on difference equations, getting there on moments of inertia and hoping for the best on statics. I think it's a good idea to leave linear motion as a backup (some of the questions they ask on it are disastrous) and if I get time today I'll look over relative velocity.

Ooh I'm gettting drunk tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 niamhy101

I think it's a good idea to leave linear motion as a backup (some of the questions they ask on it are disastrous) and if I get time today I'll look over relative velocity.

Ooh I'm gettting drunk tomorrow!

you are so right, linear motion can be a biatch!! but for the past couple of years it's been alright, but some of the papers from the early 90s and 80s have horrible LM qs and the examiner is new so he might take his inspiration from them!! :mad:

And yeah..... goin to have an AMAZING night on friday!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

WOOOOOO!!! 4.30 pm tomorrow, i may cry. by the end of the night ill probably be crying pure alcohol though..
    ive 1 2 3 4 5 7 10 prepared ish. 1 and 2 purely as back ups....
    *cross them fingers 'n toes*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Zoodlebop

How is app. maths unpredictable? Or were you being sarchastic? Same ten questions every year and one 2-3 topics per. question??? Unpredictable???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

yeah, but applied maths is like maths, there's ten mini subjects under the name applied maths, and within each mini-subject there is a LOT of random shyte they can throw in. it should be ok this year, but they can throw you off so easily with dodgy stuff that hasnt been asked in 30 years, as we saw in maths this year, a similarly "predictable" subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

If it's like my mock, I'm sorted...got 98%. But if it's like last years paper, I'm heading for a B3/C1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

EDIT: Wrong thread

Advertisement