Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The amazing North West forum

• 21-06-2006 11:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭

It’s amazing how the forum has developed and gone from strength to strength in that short space of time and its all down to you, the members who post here. If we don’t have people posting then we don’t have a forum. It’s a credit to everyone here. I’m not going to single people out for any awards but we do have regular contributors here and without them the place would be dead. Likewise things would be that bit duller if we didn’t have new members popping in and posting a few comments. More and more people are getting access to the internet and to boards.ie and accordingly our list of members has grown at a fairly rapid pace.

I think we have a fairly good balance in relation to age and gender thus giving various shades of opinion and coupled with a wide variety of topics it makes for a very interesting forum. We all have our own opinions on the various topics and yes we have disagreed on occasions (and have strayed off topic :( ) but that is part and partial of healthy debate. Contrasting with that is the very popular photography thread in which everyone is in agreement as they share a mutual love. The members are from all over with most either resident in the North West, from here originally or have family ties here. We have also had the odd gobsh1te here but myself and nanook sorted them and what most of you won’t see is the threads that are removed before they get to public viewing or the partial deletes and the quiet bannings.

Since being elevated :rolleyes: to that grand position of moderator nearly a year ago I have to say that I have really enjoyed the experience and it is a pleasure to moderate a forum like this and again that’s down to the contributions, talents and patience of the people who post here. Keep up the good work people and tell your friends and relations who have internet access to join us.

Let’s hope that the future will see more of the same.

Again, well done to everyone here. Give yourselves a pat on the back – you all deserve it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Goodness !, is there a Full Moon out tonight ?...

P. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Paddy20 wrote:
    Goodness !, is there a Full Moon out tonight ?...

Its the "pat on the back" part you need to keep an eye on Paddy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

What are you looking for?

smashey wrote:
    What are you looking for?

What is who looking for ?..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Paddy20 wrote:
    What is who looking for ?..

Sorry Paddy, with muffler being so nice and praising us all, I was just wondering what was the catch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Here's to another year of heated debate! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

ahhhh muffler, you are jumping the gun a bit early me thinks. If my calculations are correct you were elected by myself ,cough cough, in august/sept of last year.

But my god has time flown by, keep up the good work everyone, and especially Muffler

Well done eveybody

nanook wrote:
    ahhhh muffler, you are jumping the gun a bit early me thinks. If my calculations are correct you were elected by myself ,cough cough, in august/sept of last year.

Well done eveybody

Guess who nominated him, and then got banned for my trouble :) Good thing I never hold personal grudge's for long ?..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Paddy20 wrote:
    Guess who nominated him, and then got banned for my trouble :) Good thing I never hold personal grudge's for long ?..

The things I do for you Paddy. Sure if it wasn't for me you wouldn't have that nice signature :D

muffler wrote:
    The things I do for you Paddy. Sure if it wasn't for me you wouldn't have that nice signature :D

True,true.:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement