Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

v3x or 6280 on 3

• 21-06-2006 11:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭

cant make up my mind.which would u go for and why, want to go for 25 euro pm option, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

I went for the 6280 on 3-pay!

Can't stand Moto's UI, Moto's Phonebook, unstable software, etc...

Pluses for Nokia
    - great screen
    - 2MP Camera is really good
    - UI is simple and effective
    - built in FM Radio

Minuses - build quality of slider not as good as my Samsung D500.

RikD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭lomb

thanks, what about media playback , i understand the v3x can play movies.
    are the memory cards for the v3x the same price as the 6280? whats the battery on the 6280 like?

The processor in the V3x is too slow for anything but low bitrate video files. Anything higher than about 100kb/s won't work, where as a series 60 Nokia has no problem with about 250-300k.

V3x memory cards are more expensive, they're Transflash (or micro SD).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

6280 is a series40 phone - but media playback is still pretty good. Movies, etc. seem to stream down well enough.

the 6280 uses Mini-SD wich Komplett have for €28 for 1GB while micro-SD is same price for 512MB.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

One is a Motorola and will therefore probably break within the first month.
    The UI is terrible and the materials used are cheap.

The other is a Nokia.

In the face of this some people still buy a Motorola because it looks nice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement