Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Lamb Of God Song Up!!!!!!!!

• 21-06-2006 11:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Lamb of god have released their first track of there upcoming album sacrement which is coming out august 22nd, The songs called redneck and is imo one bad ass mofo of a song. Its pantera meets lamb of god, and if im listening to the lyrics right its a jibe at phil anselmo. Also if you move the oija style thing around theres soundclips that show that the rest of the album is not all going to be like this for all of you saying that its not lamb of god.

HERES THE LINK: http://www.sacrament2006.com/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

ya its ****in class, randy's voice has taken a whole new angle, the first 2 lines are ripped off fromt he first 2 lines of drag the waters tho, but the song is unreal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

fkn love the vocals, love the song.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I really like it. As mentioned above, the vocals are a little different to your typical LOG...but ****in excellent, can't wait for the album!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Great song. Great band. I hope they've got Chris Poland on this album too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Doctor J wrote:
    Great song. Great band. I hope they've got Chris Poland on this album too :D
    Yup anyone whos a good enough guitar player for megadeth is good enough for my ears.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭funky_buddah

Um...am I the only person who thinks it's pure ****e? I hope the rest of the album has the feel od old Lamb of God.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

No Buddha, I just listened to it there and in my opinion this band just went from bad to worse. It's total Pantera praise, with the whole done to death groove riff crap and the vocals blow an entire herd of goats. This is what can only be described as bandwagon hopping, with the whole groove thing getting popular again. Another metal core band trying to prove they're not just doing it for the money by.... changing their sound for the money. I love double think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

this is the only song on the album that will sound like this because its purpose it to rip the **** out of pantera... listen to the lyrics man

No Buddha, I just listened to it there and in my opinion this band just went from bad to worse. It's total Pantera praise, with the whole done to death groove riff crap and the vocals blow an entire herd of goats. This is what can only be described as bandwagon hopping, with the whole groove thing getting popular again. Another metal core band trying to prove they're not just doing it for the money by.... changing their sound for the money. I love double think.
    Are you deaf of just stupid? How the **** are lamb of god metal core? If your gonna put a band into the genre make sure you know what it is. As for it not being lamb of god your right it isnt but like steoob said its a pantera piss take aimed at phil anselmo, listen to the lyrics, "this is a mother****ing immatiation the only one you will ever need" "so god damm easy to write this" "a fool of his own scene".

Are you deaf of just stupid? How the **** are lamb of god metal core? If your gonna put a band into the genre make sure you know what it is. As for it not being lamb of god your right it isnt but like steoob said its a pantera piss take aimed at phil anselmo, listen to the lyrics, "this is a mother****ing immatiation the only one you will ever need" "so god damm easy to write this" "a fool of his own scene".

Are you 5 or just retarded? You couldn't accept or argue another person's opinion on music without resorting to insults? Now now, children.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

ive been meaning to check these guys out. do they have many albums? whats the best?

True, true. I apollogise but it just agrovates me when people pain tthem as metal core when they obviously arent theres no melodic singins breakdowns in there songs like, the poster obviously doesnt know anything about them if hes calling them metalcore and therefore has no right to be saying how theyve changed. Still though i apolgise for all this name calling ****e.

CLearly, I know nothing about them, yes, especially seeing as I have every album they've released, including Burn the Priest. I guess that just makes me an ignorant elitist... :rolleyes: Metalcore idn't all schizo bands with whiny choruses and shouty verses. Ever heard of bands like Heaven Shall Burn, Between The Buried And Me, Ion Dissonance, August Burns Red etc.? I guess not then... but now we've gone off topic.

CLearly, I know nothing about them, yes, especially seeing as I have every album they've released, including Burn the Priest. I guess that just makes me an ignorant elitist... :rolleyes: Metalcore idn't all schizo bands with whiny choruses and shouty verses. Ever heard of bands like Heaven Shall Burn, Between The Buried And Me, Ion Dissonance, August Burns Red etc.? I guess not then... but now we've gone off topic.
    So do i man, and metal core by deffinition is a band that has a metal core but has poppy lyrical parts in the middle to attract a greater audience. I do take back what i said about you knowing nothing about them you obviously do its your definitions of metalcore etc that are failing, hell i could be wrong myself but its cause of this kinda **** that i hate defining a band as metal metalcore hardcore and all that ****, it just causes arguments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Hrm, I'm not sure whether you were correcting yourself at the end of not but for the record, metalcore is a mixture of metal and hardcore. In Lamb Of Gods case there are little to no elements of hardcore to be found in their music hence I would classify them as metal. To be more specific I guess you could call them NWOAHM as much of the music press has started referring to the likes of them. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

evad_lhorg wrote:
    ive been meaning to check these guys out. do they have many albums? whats the best?

Check out "as the palaces burn" and "Ashes of the wake" if you enjoy pure [american] metal then you will enjoy LOG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

You should check Killadelphia, their live DVD/Documentary too, its a cracking film to be honest. :D

Advertisement