Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How wrong is this?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Looks like yet another case of messing around with something that isn't broken.

Those close up camera views look completely pointless and must make it really hard to play.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Saw that in Games TM a while ago. I think they are taking bomberman in completely the wrong direction.

Ha... just spotted the 'thread tags' you used... very apt...

If the guys head isn't as big as his body, it simply isn't Bomberman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

That is wrong one more levels than I care to mention. Although bomberman on live would be fun I'm sure.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

As blashphemus as this may sound I think it could work. Especially over live as Jimi said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Hang HIM!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

No, old school big head Bomberman would work over live. Normal size head XTREME Bomberman doesn't work, at all.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Wow. I'm even considering editing my post. This is on a scale of G4 covering Bohemian Rhapsody.

Impressive old-skool fanbase.

Yeah... this bomberman probably smokes crack and has sex with prostitutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Tails

But if they brought out something like the old ones it would be just slated as being the same thing done to death, no originality. Why buy the new one when you can get an emulator for the old one?
    personly(?) i dont like the look of it but hey they tried and it may well be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Bomberman's graphics and gameplay haven't changed since the 8bit days. I applaud Hudson's attempts to do something new with what is now a stale franchise, even if it doesn't work out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

But if it's the exact same gameplay WITH ATTITUDE!!!! it's not really taking the game anywhere new at all, it's just taking away the game's most recognisable style...

If they come up with some ideas to enhance and refresh gameplay though I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

It looks to play exactly the same except for the option for a 3rd person camera (totally pointless), and health bars, playing bomberman split screen?! a sngle zoomed out camera works just as well and gives everyone 4 times the view screen. The bombermen just look silly too, so do the bombs.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Great, all they need to do now is get Uwe Boll in to make 'Bomberman: The Movie'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Tails wrote:
    But if they brought out something like the old ones it would be just slated as being the same thing done to death, no originality. Why buy the new one when you can get an emulator for the old one?
    personly(?) i dont like the look of it but hey they tried and it may well be good.

what about new super mario bros, same old game but yet it is meant ot be very good.

The key to success is keep what everyone likes and improve what they dislike.

With this they have taken out the aspects people liked and introduced features that don't add anything of value

If they really wanted to put the effort into updating it, they should have made it more of a real world destructable enviroment where you blow up cars and buildings etc... this just seems to be the same old blocks with none of the charm.

They could have had you sneaking around and hiding detonation packs to take your opponents by surprise... but... no.. they go with big glowy balls.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

stevenmu wrote:
    Great, all they need to do now is get Uwe Boll in to make 'Bomberman: The Movie'.

Talking about Boll, from today's Irish Times...
    German director Uwe Boll is so incensed by scathing reviews for his horror movies BloodRayne (starring Ben Kingsley, Kristanna Loken and Michelle Rodriguez) and Alone in the Dark (with Christian Slater) that he has challenged his harshest critics to a series of boxing matches, which he plans to insert into his latest videogame adaptation, Postal....
    http://www.ireland.com/theticket/articles/2006/0623/167895185REELPANEL_A.html (free IT page!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Fibbers Games

Xtreme Bomberman...its allk very serious... Theyre going with the quite original idea of a futuristic sport-to-the-death....yip.. original...

Yes ..that was kinda the idea for the first one but they had smiley faces.

-37456 Fun Points .. Hudson.. you lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

what can they do with bomberman that people will like?

i liked monkeyfudge's idea of a new stealth game mode...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Bad bad bad bad bad bad... Bomberman should have stopped 'evolving' on the SNES.

oooh and how about classic bomberman over live with somethign like 50 players playing at once and a super size level...that would be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    oooh and how about classic bomberman over live with somethign like 50 players playing at once and a super size level...that would be fun.
    As long as he looks similar to this...

article.jpg

EDIT: Actually thats an awesome idea... they might just do that in the future, like that online Street Fighter II flash game *drools*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

its on the xbox,
    it looks like halo.

what did you expect?

them 3rd person views look like replays,
    theres a number of 10 player 1 screen shots shown during the trailer.

ill also bet large amount of money on an "unlockable" classic mode.
    this trailer is publicity for the new bomber man.
    it seems to be wroking

every fecker this side of the sun will know about and when the reviews come out thyll all have screenshots of the classic mode and well all but it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Actually, it seems more and more that most sites just use the "in-game"* screenshots they get with press releases and slap a watermark on them. But that's another wrongness for another discussion.

Oh, what the hell.

*may not be in-game

Advertisement