Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many points did you want, and for what?

Options
  • 22-06-2006 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

hey all,

i need 380 points (i think) for my course, which is Arts UCD (music and economics).

How bout you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭HoboJesus

435 for Theoretical Physics in Trinity and I don't see any point in this thread :p. You, up there, think you got the points you need?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

490 Civil Eng.

Calculated 445 in the points prediction thread. Oh well!!!:( :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

400 aeronautical engineering...should well clear 400.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

HoboJesus wrote:
    435 for Theoretical Physics in Trinity and I don't see any point in this thread :p. You, up there, think you got the points you need?

Is that not 535?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Evo

I want 320 , B3 in pass maths, C3 in English and Business and D3 in Tech Drawing and Physics, did I get them? I doubt it :( I've been sick all of May and June... I want to do Applied Computing with Network Technologies in UL, doubt I'll get it :( :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

NADA wrote:
    Is that not 535?
    According to the CAO website Theoretical Physics started out at 535, but got down to 445 by the final round (fourth or fifth, I forget how far down they go).

No such luck with Medicine I suppose...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 TommyGrav

Psychology in trinity:

That's 560 (1st), 545 (final) last year. I'm anticipating a very tense couple of months, because I really want to do it. But if I have to end up doing Genetics in DCU I'll be happy enough. That would've been first choice but 3 people have told me thst genetics isn't nice at college level, despite how much fun it is at LC level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

journalism, 455 last year.. i got it no bother in the mocks.. but hopefully i havent bolloxed up too much, or the points havent gone up too much...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

art history and architecture with english in trinity.. 525 pts.. seriously doubt i got it but a girl can dream!

NADA wrote:
    Is that not 535?

No.
    2004: 520
    2005: 445* (not 435, apparently, shrug)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

550 for a UCD entry scholarship

Failing that, 435 for UCD Theoretical Physics.

Raphael wrote:
    435 for UCD Theoretical Physics.

Ah, UCD and their low standards ;p.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

ye need honours maths i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

325 Computer Science & Software Engineering in Maynooth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭michelle_ie

i need 345-395 for English and History in University of Ulster!!!!! but i want over 400 really badly!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

580, for Medicine. Hmph. Didn't get that. Maybe 570.

Hey Michelle, which UU ye goin' to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

450 for TCD Science. I hope I get them... fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭michelle_ie

nedward wrote:
    580, for Medicine. Hmph. Didn't get that. Maybe 570.

Hey Michelle, which UU ye goin' to?

coleraine!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Hah, lessthanthree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

Need about 440ish for Computer Science Linguistics and German in Trinity. Should get it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

Around 400 for Nutritional Sciences UCC doubt I'll get it but there's always hope

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

535 for Architecture. I'd say I'm over 20 points off it. I hopefully will get into Architecture in UL though, because the numbers will be down due to the introduction of the portfolio pass/fail, and I'll get bonus points for honours maths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

Its just now that I feel I'll miss out on my course. I think I'll be at least 30 points off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Kovik

English and Film Studies in Trinity, need anywhere between 500 and 530, got about 490-500.

Needless to say, ;_;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

310 for Computer Systems in UK
    300 for Computer Science in UCC

Id say I got about 390 - 400 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Umm.. well, points do change on a yearly basis like but anyways..

At least 570 for Medicine, but demand for places has gone up by about 7% (well, that was before change of mind, so it could be less now), so it'll probably be higher.

Or 555 for Veterinary Medicine, conversely demand for it went down almost 7%, so the points may just drop a little. Which'd be lovely. So do that, plzkthxbai.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

At least 570 for Medicine, but demand for places has gone up by about 7% (well, that was before change of mind, so it could be less now), so it'll probably be higher.
    Really? Oh well, could hardly expect things to go the other way. It's annoying though, Trinity for example was 35+ points lower just four years ago when I did the JC. Where did you find those figures?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Aye.. 'tis true. Got the stats from my careers teacher, think they were printed in the irish times back in February after the initial deadline. It is mad how it's gone up so much, my sister got medicine with 555 a few years back (she changed courses in the end though), and she wouldn't have a chance now..

Demand may have dropped slightly from the initial stats.. you never know, if people are disheartened with results they may not bother putting it down!

I'll be equally happy with veterinary, so I don't mind so much, but best of luck to you! :)

Advertisement