Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband, Swords

Options
  • 22-06-2006 9:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭

Knocksedan to be specific.

cant get Eircom. anyone live here or near?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

I'm in Swords too but down near Applewood. I have Eircom but see a lot of people with the wireless broadband aerials on their roofs. Since you're a little out in the sticks there this might be your only option.

Lovely houses in Knocksedan. Must have cost you a not so small fortune !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

ha ha ill pass the message onto my folks..!

btw - you might have better luck getting a decent answer to this question here

thanks,

gonna look into www.icecomms.net

Also try www.clearwire.ie. No experience of anything but Eircom DSL so I can't vouch for them. The lads over in te forum I quoted above will let you know if they are any use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

I'm out in Swords, beside Applewood and use Clicksilver. Whereabouts is Knocksedan, doesn't ring a bell. Btw found this when looking up the place http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Minutes/2006/BSB/0427/BSB20060145.htm

DamoKen wrote:
    Whereabouts is Knocksedan, doesn't ring a bell.

It's on the road between the back of Dublin Airport and the Rathbeale road.

Click here and hit the Satellite view to see it's location on Google Maps.

Big houses, big money, but a little in the middle of nowhere.

that house sold for just under the million mark. not a bad return considering i think it cost about €600,000. nice house, lovely landscaped back garden. sold now though.

some say in the middle of nowhere, some say private. personally i consider offaly to be in the middle of nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

ah yeah, know it now. drive past everyday to avoid the traffic on the airport road, nice location, in the countryside but 5 minutes from the nearest shop (if you've a car) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Forget about clearwire mate. Unless you live within 3/4 mile of the cop shop in swords then you have no hope with them.

You are also more then 2 milese away from the nearest exchange so thats why eircom have prob told you no!

Have you tried ringing another operator to see what they say? I have seen posts wherte eircom have said no and otheres have said yes !

• Advertisement
Advertisement