Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thank God the eL "Break" is almost over

• 22-06-2006 11:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭

Pointless break anyway..

FRIDAY 23 JUNE
    EIRCOM LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION
    Bohemians -v- Sligo Rovers 7.45
    Dalymount Park
    Bray Wndrs -v- Waterford Utd 7.45
    Carlisle Grounds
    Cork City -v- Drogheda Utd 7.45
    Turner's Cross
    Derry City -v- Dublin City 7.45
    The Brandywell
    St Pat's Ath -v- UCD 7.45
    Richmond Park

SATURDAY 24 JUNE
    INTERTOTO CUP
    Shelbourne (1) -v- FK Vetra (0) 7.00
    Tolka Park

looking forward to our clash with drogs, we owe them big time following the setanta cup final.. should hopefully be a big crowd and a good atmosphere.. fancy us to win by the odd goal...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

on my way up to see the Rovers, hammer Bohs...2-1!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

2-1 only? Don't be so pessimistic, Bohs are muck! ;) 3-0 to the Sligo! Can't believe you figured they'd actually score!! :) lol

Bray - Waterford:
    Scoreless or low-scoring draw. Neither team seemed able to find the back of the net before the break, but the summer sun may have done wonders for someone!

Cork - Drogheda:
    Hoping for a draw, that'd be the best result here I think. Or Drogs to take 3 points, as I figure they'll lose more steam than Cark over the rest of the season.

Derry - Dublin:
    Is there even any point thinking about this? 3 points to Derry, clearly! Although, I would hope that Seerys men can steal something here!

Pats - UCD:
    Pats are in great from this season, hard to look past them! :(

Shelbourne - FK Vetra Vilinus:
    1-0 up, and an away goal at that. I fancy us to stuff them here, well, hope! Gonna go with 3-0, giving a fairly respectable 4-0agg result. As the travelling fans were singing in Lithuania: "We are the winners..., of intertoto". Genius!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Draw Away Home (but want a draw) home and hopefully home.

Took us 6 odd years to beat them out there but they still remain a bogey team fos us.

But if a certain announcement is made either in Press or to Pats fans tomorrow about the future of the club i can see the fans in a fairly happy mood.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Bohs - Sligo rovers: I'll go for a draw!

Bray - Waterford: Waterford win

Cork - Drogheda: draw

Derry - Dublin: Derry to win comfortably

Pats - UCD: Pats win

Shelbourne - FK Vetra Vilinus: Shels to win 1-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

KdjaC wrote:
    But if a certain announcement is made either in Press or to Pats fans tomorrow about the future of the club i can see the fans in a fairly happy mood.

And what might that be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭solskjaer20

Derry three points!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Champions League draw tomorrow.

Back at home at the Cross vs Drogs.

Its good to be a Cork City supporter.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Shelbourne - FK Vetra Vilinus:
    1-0 up, and an away goal at that. I fancy us to stuff them here, well, hope! Gonna go with 3-0, giving a fairly respectable 4-0agg result. As the travelling fans were singing in Lithuania: "We are the winners..., of intertoto". Genius!! :D

Even the locals were laughing at that. :D

Shels to progress comfortably. :)

For us there was no real break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭johnos

I initially supported the break, but it was painful, apart from the fact that it didn't match the WC period.
    Anyway, a win tonight for us will be a bonus. It'd be nice to see our lot up for it at least.

Pats 0 - UCD 0

match report

End of match report.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Bohemians 0-2 Sligo Rovers
    Bray Wanderers 3-1 Waterford
    Cork City 1-0 Drogheda United
    Derry City 3-0 Dublin City
    St. Patricks Athletic 0-0 UCD

Big wins for Village, Bray and Derry still looking very solid.

Long overdue P45 for Farrelly on Monday morning???

Despite dominating for most of the
    game, St Patrick's had to settle for a
    draw in this entertaining Dublin derby.

They were always on top, with Trevor
    Molloy, Mark Rutherford and Paul Keegan
    all going close in the opening stages.

The best of the chances was a free kick
    on 10 minutes from Molloy which cleared
    the UCD wall but was just too high and
    flew over the bar.

Molloy then had a shot cleared off the
    line by Conor Kenna on 30 minutes.
    Conor Sammon nearly opened UCD's
    account on 50 minutes having collected
    a Pat McWalter ball but turned his
    effort around the post.

Thats a complete lie, it was as entertaining as syphilis.

Actually the only entertaining thing in the whole game was this. (UCD stuck for players???)

I really do hate playing UCD and can only seek solace in the fact they will do that to everyone.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Damn! Sligo beat the Gypos. I was hoping for a draw that would ensure Farrelly keeps his job for at least another month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Well done Bray, where ****e but atleast where trying ;)

Good and comfortable win over Drogs for City to go back top of the league. The only area Drogs are strong is in defence, other than that, they are absolutely appalling. Rico called Doolins bluff yesterday calling them a team of hackers who cant play football. Drogs proceeded to try to play football, and couldn't.

Im only surprised City didnt win by more.

I was hoping for a draw that would ensure Farrelly keeps his job for at least another month.
    You think he won't?

Bohs cannot afford to sack Farrelly i would have thought given the salary he is supposedly taking. Something seems to be rotten at the core of that dressing room, as I cannot remember Bohs being this poor for about 10 years.

On another note, last night Joe Gamble showed again why he is without doubt the best central midfielder in the country. He covered every square inch of the pitch, helped the defence, joined in the attack, bollocked players for not doing their part. Steve Staunton should give him a long hard look, and start him against Holland in August. He is exactly the type of midfielder the national team is missing. If it dont work out, then its only a friendly.

Also, step forward Ian Stokes, who once again showed the most abysmal refereeing possible. The man simply doesnt know what he was doing, and did his best to get Drogs level last night. City had a goal ruled offside which was never, booked City players for which Drogs players were getting away with, and 4 added minutes became 6. Had he awarded Drogs a penalty last night, I have no doubt in my mind but Rico would have killed him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

johnos wrote:
    You think he won't?

I don't know. That was a pretty calamtious result even by his standards.

Pigman II wrote:
    I don't know. That was a pretty calamtious result even by his standards.
    I doubt if anyone expected Bohs to win last night. As I said before the game, a win would be a bonus. And, as has been pointed out, the club cannot afford to ditch the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

How long is Farrellys contract?

• Advertisement

Anto McC wrote:
    How long is Farrellys contract?
    Not certain OTOMH, but I think it's been said he has this season and next left.

Well, it was a 3 year deal wasn't it? So this would be the last one?

Someone on Gypsies Web said it has a year and a half to go, which is why we can't afford to pay him off and part as friends. Just as well this year probably (hopefully) has no relegation based on points!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

i think we should give him rest of the season at least,look at stephen kenny's performance since leaving us.

Advertisement