Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viva Voce in Crawdaddy tonight

• 22-06-2006 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭

That's tonight, Thursday 22nd June.
    12 Euro, doors 8pm.

Music and more info at: http://www.myspace.com/vivavoce ; www.vivavoce.com

Press release for their forthcoming "From The Devil Himself" single (Full Time Hobby Records):

"They make an enormous sound; something like the Jesus and Mary Chain produced by Phil Spector, with Breeder harmonies and a widescreen slightly damaged quality" Guardian

"one of the most enjoyable bands around" Sunday Times

From The Devil Himself is the first single from Viva Voce’s brand new album, Get Yr Blood Sucked Out. Described by VV’s Kevin Robinson as “our most ‘daggers out’ rock record to date,” Get Yr Blood Sucked Out is the husband and wife duo’s most intense, guitar-heavy and accessible album to date, recorded in an intensive three-month period as soon as they finished touring duties for 2004’s critically acclaimed The Heat Can Melt Your Brain.

Undoubtedly, From The Devil Himself is one of the highlights of an album filled with treats. A title track of sorts (it references the album’s title in its biting lyric), From The Devil Himself is a pastiche of the ‘60s Californian beat sound fed through the Viva Voce fuzz-machine, with handclaps, tambourines, scratchy guitars, pounding drums and Anita Robinson’s Mamas and Papas-style backing vocals.

“It’s a song that represents a huge middle finger,” says Kevin. “It’s a large **** off to the vampires who attempt to suck the life out of everything good and pure. Everyone runs into these evil ****ers and I figured it was high time to write a song about them. It’s about a revolutionary impulse - to rise up and cut off the head off the oppressor. It's an enlightening song and meaningful to hear. Yes, I AM worth more than that - I don't **** around and you can't treat me this way. I'll see you in hell before I'm through. I've nothing to prove! **** yeah!”

Defying the minimalism of their two-piece line-up, Viva Voce somehow manage to recreate the dense, multi-layered sound of their records on the live stage. See how they cope with the squealing guitars and thunderous drums of Get Yr Blood Sucked Out when the Portland, Oregon based band return to these shores in June.

JUNE
    20th Cork, Cyprus Avenue
    21st Galway, Cuba
    22nd Dublin, CrawDaddy
    23rd Belfast, Queens Uni Club
    25th London, Wireless Festival (O2 Bubble Stage)
    25th London, 93 Feet East "WAX"
    27th Leeds, University (Supporting Death Cab For Cutie)
    28th London, Brixton Academy (Supporting Death Cab For Cutie)
    29th Nottingham, Rescue Rooms
    30th Manchester, Bierkeller "Blowout"

JULY
    1st Glasgow, King Tuts

Advertisement