Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Sabbath Re-union?

• 22-06-2006 12:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭

I know the original line up go together to do a few gigs a few years back but I heard Tony Iommi going on about making a new Sabbath album a while ago.Can anyone clarify?

till then;proof that they're still gods

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

The original line-up played Ozzfest as recently as last year. Ozzy's putting out a new solo record this year which he's going to tour and Tony is working with Glenn Hughes at the minute (check out the Fused cd, good stuff). There has been intermittant talk of an album but I wouldn't count on it, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Whiskeyjack

Doctor J wrote:
    The original line-up played Ozzfest as recently as last year. Ozzy's putting out a new solo record this year which he's going to tour and Tony is working with Glenn Hughes at the minute (check out the Fused cd, good stuff). There has been intermittant talk of an album but I wouldn't count on it, tbh.
    Dang, this thread was really just an excuse to put up that video anyways :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Ozzy has been pretty vocal on the fact that he won't be involved in a Sabbath album unless it can stand with the rest of his releases so it'll be a good while before we see one yet I reckon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Unfortunatly i cant see it happening, we can always dream though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

I'm not particularly hopeful, nor am I particularly excited by the prospect. Ozzy is right to have such reservations, if he didn't we'd probably be inundated with ****ty songs pissing all over the memory of a great band, no doubt resplendent with numerous guest appearances from the hip youngsters of Trivium et al. I haven't been particularly impressed with Ozzy's recent output as it is.
    Pessimistic? You bet your ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I agree with Nosmo.
    I'm surprised that people still respect him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

He's made some absolutely phenomenal music in his lifetime, a great deal more than most performers. That's worthy of plenty of respect my friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

have to say...
    great band ,,,great music makes one glad and proud to be a RUSH fan coz these guys in Sabbath are seriously goood too :)

ciao' amigos,,,,Baggio....

• Advertisement

Always with the Rush, eh? :D

Advertisement