Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mission Impossible: Accomadation in Kilkenny for Sat

Options
  • 22-06-2006 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Okay, we left it late to decide to go see Bob Dylan in Kilkenny at the weekend. All accomadation seems to be booked out, hotels, hostels, guesthouses and camping sites. Anyone have any suggestions for where may still be available, maybe there's somewhere that only local people would think of.

Help, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

so people let out their spare rooms for events like this

(I know my apartment is just a few minutes walk (across the road) with ample parking etc etc

hehe)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Had a mate ring me about this. He rang the tourist office and there is nothing left in KK itself. Castlecomer and Callan are the B&Bs they are offering in the tourist office now.

As far as I know, the only accom left in Kilkenny is the new Days Hotel out on the Ring Road which is opening this weekend.
    Its expensive though. My mate rang them and they were looking for 169 for one night.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

cpk wrote:
    Okay, we left it late to decide to go see Bob Dylan in Kilkenny at the weekend. All accomadation seems to be booked out, hotels, hostels, guesthouses and camping sites. Anyone have any suggestions for where may still be available, maybe there's somewhere that only local people would think of.

Help, thanks.

Maybe try one of the neighbouring towns like Carlow if you're v stuck..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 cpk

Thanks for the help lads, that new Hotel is already full. Look's like tent time in Mr. Smiths field, or maybe I'll get REAL lucky. Welcome to Kilkenny, population : too ****ing many. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

sorry I wasn't joking , a lot of people do vacate their house for special events, i think there is a listing online somewhere. (as in they stay with family and free up their home/rooms)

• Advertisement

Hmm_Messiah, if you remeber that list let me know. Googling is great fun.

Well the weekend was great ended up camping at the place where we parked for the concert, worked out great. Thanks for trying to help lads, it was appreciated.;)

Advertisement