Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prey

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Em, go into the editor and make stuff that doesn't look like that? Make your own textures and turn down the specular? Write your own shaders!?

I mean, it's just a means of rendering stuff, there's no law governing what textures should look like or what the effects should look like.

I don't think you understand the concept of "engines"

Have a look at ET: Quakewars.

etqw_12.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Gateway

God! I forgot all about ET: Quakewars! Can't wait for that either!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Indeedy, but just remember that some engines just weren't suitable for massive outdoor scenes. Luckily this doesn't apply as much anymore as the last generation of engines proved. Quake Wars is definitly going to show off the true capabilites of the Doom3 engine however..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

hopefully the 360 version is the business too. really need another good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Actually, this struck me as rather strange.I was just reading an interview with Tim Gerritson of Human Head, the developers of Prey and he mentioned this interesting fact...
    Eurogamer: What are the main differences between the Xbox 360 version and the PC version?

Tim Gerritson: Both versions use the same source content though some of the visuals on the 360 use the medium PC quality settings for performance reasons.

That to me is VERY strange. The XBox360 is only capable of MEDIUM levels of detail on the Doom 3 engine? I just hope thats becuase the engine still isn't fully optimised for the next-gen consoles or else those people who have been talking about PC Gaming dying off can start eating their hats now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Doom 3 engine is OpenGL, can the 360 run that natively?

Advertisement