Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wide mitre box

Options
  • 22-06-2006 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Have a mitre box at the moment and its perfect for moulding, architrave etc

Have a bit of skirting to sort but cant find any wider/larger box anywhere - checked woodies, B&Q, atlantic etc. Dont find the electrical mitre saws as good for finishing (I KNOW that the trades always use these but I cant seem to get it right)

Do they exist?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

gramlab wrote:
    Have a mitre box at the moment and its perfect for moulding, architrave etc

Have a bit of skirting to sort but cant find any wider/larger box anywhere - checked woodies, B&Q, atlantic etc. Dont find the electrical mitre saws as good for finishing (I KNOW that the trades always use these but I cant seem to get it right)

Do they exist?

ever thought of making one? Straight forward enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Dont find the electrical mitre saws as good for finishing (I KNOW that the trades always use these but I cant seem to get it right)
    I suspect that's got a lot to do with the blade being used. Usually these saws are supplied with general purpose "cut-anything-anyways" blades that are quite coarse, but a good quality fine toothed crosscut blade will make a world of difference when doing what you want to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

where are you from? I could lay it for you if you wanted? I have the necessary chop saw with a very fine blade in it! It's dewalt chopsaw! I will scribe all the corners for you as well and scribe the skirting to the floor as well to eleminate the gaps between the floor and skirting!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Already have a mitre saw and will have no problem doing the job but would just prefer to use a box if a wide enough one was available.

Also wife wants to use extra skirting to make some fancy frames to put around the garden( I don't know either!) but she is afraid of the saw so it would enable her to give that a go and give me some peace.
    ever thought of making one? Straight forward enough

Not a bad idea tred. Might give it a go

Advertisement