Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

best foundation???

• 22-06-2006 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

Im finding it really hard to get a good foundation that doesnt look like im wearing a mask!Rimmel used to do one ages ago called natural sensation which i luved but its gone now :( so what does everyone else recommend??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Siun

I have to wear make-up every day for work. Like most I've tried them all but the very best I've come across is Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish... I went in to Brown Thomas & at the counter they put this thing up to my face & told me what two colours suit me. It's brilliant & I swear by it... it's 28eur in BT's for 30mls but if u have an ebay account you can get 100mls for about the same price! Salon size bottles & they are perfect... It's the best....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Double Wear by Estee Lauder.

Fantastic stuff. Get the right colour and its really natural looking with no lines and it stays on all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

uniquechic wrote:
    Im finding it really hard to get a good foundation that doesnt look like im wearing a mask!Rimmel used to do one ages ago called natural sensation which i luved but its gone now :( so what does everyone else recommend??

I used to love that rimmel one too!!
    The only foundation for me is photogenic by lancome....its great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭uniquechic

is it like the rimmel one?i luved that because it gave coverage but not so much that it looking like you were caked in the stuff!it was natural.Is the lancome like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

Dior airskin flash (might have the name a bit wrong) its a foundation spray, absolutely brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I use Clinique Soft Finish which I find gives really good coverage but is very light so it evens out my skin tone nicely but doesn't look like I'm wearing foundation at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 DeiseLass

I normally wear the elizabeth arden too and find it great but i think it is a little too heavy for the summer months. Tried a free sample of the new rimmel foundation and found it excellent. Cant think of the name, sorry!

is it that recover foundation???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

I like the maybelline wonder finish foundation . Im not much of a make up gal at all but that covers well and its nice and light and I like the whole powder finish thing without the effort .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 DeiseLass

Yeah thats the one uniquechic and its not too pricey either which makes it even better :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Double Wear by Estee Lauder.

Fantastic stuff. Get the right colour and its really natural looking with no lines and it stays on all day.

Seconded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

Mac- they have different types of foundations- in bottle form they have one call Hyper Real which gives you a glow (this is the one I use), it has light reflecting particles in it and gives you a dewy look, really nice and since I started wearing it about a year ago, lots of people have complimented me on it. They have another matt foundation in bottle form. They also have compact foundation that would be for more coverage. I used to be a Maybelline foundation fan cause it was cheap and cheerful, but I kept getting break outs. Since switching my skins been better. Mac is a bit pricey (bout 30 euro I think) but it lasts about 6 months, they also have matching face powders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Chanel is good but pricey. I actually hardly ever wear the stuff. (my Aunt buys it for me cause i'd be broke other wise!). it blends in well and is the best liquid foundation that i know of. you dont get any streakyness or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

I like No 7 Radiant Glow Foundation from Boots. Not too pricey, it leaves you with a fresh, dewy look and theres no "mask" effect at all. Its also got SPF 15 in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

Macs not too bad but my fav is loreal true match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

i like Revlon Color Stay. Good coverage, dries quickly though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭smurfbaby

My new fave is Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk-saw it recommended here and bought it. It gives good coverage and still looks natural. It has a little dispenser pump on the bottle so you can use the exact amount you need which means it should last longer as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Chanel is good but pricey. I actually hardly ever wear the stuff. (my Aunt buys it for me cause i'd be broke other wise!). it blends in well and is the best liquid foundation that i know of. you dont get any streakyness or anything.

which one?i want to buy a chanel foundation.but was having a look and didnt really know which one to get:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭susanna

Laura Mercier is brilliant stuff but a tad pricey. I find Max Factor Colour Adapt really good too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Estee Lauder Ideal Matte compact is very good, no caked look at all. Quite pricey though at €40 and €30 for a re-fill but when applied with a foundation brush it lasts quite a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

I got one made up for my skintone at the Prescriptives counter and I really love it! But for everyday wear, Rimmel Recover or Max Factor Lasting Performance (not sure of that name?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

I change my mind about foundations all the time.

Clarins extra firming foundation is great. I use it all the time.

I have just bought the new Rimmel one with the pink top. It seems grand.

Armani is the business though. A real quality foundation.

Wouldn't rate MAC at all.

Benefit playsticks are great for quick and easy foundation. They give a full coverage :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 darth insidiari

which one?i want to buy a chanel foundation.but was having a look and didnt really know which one to get:(

It depends on how much coverage you want. I use Double Perfection Creme Poudre. I'd definately recommend it. It gives good coverage but doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup. It turns into a velvety finish and it's ridiculously easy to put on. I use just a half-pea amount and blend it with my fingers. It lasts for ages when used that way. I also use the Pro Correcteur concealer palette. It's brilliant. Pricey but lasts-I've only bought 2 in about 5 years and that's only cause I dropped and broke the first one! Their compact powder's great too. I use it with a big brush and blend it all over my face after foundation and concealer. It lasts so much longer than the cheaper ones I've tried. I bought a replacement powder compact about 6+ months ago because my current one looked a bit empty. I still haven't had to open it yet. I could go on for ages but I'll just say I started using chanel about 5 years ago after being pissed off with wasting money on bad foundations and I've never looked back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Rantorama

No.7 revamped their make-up recently, the foundations are excellent...good colour range that cater for all skin types:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Makeupworld

Natural sensation foundation is still available. Please see sig. We have many shades nude, soft beige,soft tan. All itesms not listed yet still updating

i cant see your sig can you give me a website address?

Advertisement