Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dying hair blonde???

• 22-06-2006 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

ok well im thinking of dying my hair blonde but i know its awful for your hair. I have never dyed my hair before and its naturally dark brown. If i did dye it would it become very damaged?would deep conditioning make up for all the damage the colour would do??:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

i abuse my hair all the time..colour,ghd,tongs you name it!But Its in a pretty healthy condition cos I always make sure that at least one day a week I deep condition,with aussie 3min miracle and leave my hair to dry naturally. So I say if you make sure you deep condition every week you'll be grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭uniquechic

thanks! :) im a bit too fond of my ghds as it is so i was afraid it wud fall out if i did anything else with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Dying your hair blonde doesn't ruin your hair! Mine's blonde (has been so for about 5 years) and my hairdresser was only saying the other day how soft and healthy it is. It's known to dry out your hair but I use a leave in conditioner just before I blow dry so I suppose that helps. And your hair won't fall out! Don't worry, I use my GHD (just at the weekends) and it's fine! Just don't O.D on it.. no one likes that frazzled look! I would recommend going to the hairdresser to get it done (if you can afford it)..go for highlights as they look most natural.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭GoldieBear

Do you bleach first or just apply the colour? If you bleach dosent that weaken your hair folicles or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

My hair has been dyed different shades of blonde for years, and it was at one stage wrecked before I started using a mask/treatment type conditioner in it every time I washed it, along with a leave in conditioner spray.
    It's in grand nick now though having said that I don't use any heat tools, not even a blow dryer.
    I use Revlon Equave Hydro Nutrive mask as an everyday conditioner and the leave in conditioner spray from the same range
    You can buy big mega pots from hairdressing supply shops such as Terri Sales for reasonably good value.

http://www.salon-collective.co.uk/hair_conditioners.php?manufacturer=Revlon

• Advertisement
Advertisement