Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need new suit quick

• 22-06-2006 3:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Need to get a new suit this evening. Unfortunately its first outing will be a funeral tomorrow\weekend but would also like to be able to use it for other occasions.
    Any style recommendations ? havent bought one in 6 years.
    Also where in Dublin city center to look. budget ~€300.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Pity that you have to buy it in a rush.
    Rule of thumb when buying suits is never buy it in a hurry, never buy off the peg. Get one fitted if you can afford it.

Your budget is also a little low for a suit you can use for other occasions.
    Marks and Spencer might be a good bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

If its a WIF (weddings, interviews & funerals) suit you need then M & S would be my suggestion too.

Decent quality mahine washable suits in navy, black & grey (IIRC) for under the €150 mark.

Burtons (Jervis Street, I think) do suit deals (suit, shirt & tie and shoes) for something like €200.

Last suit I bought was in Envy. Find them on South Anne Street.

For something a bit more 'designer', Suitable Company (on Grafton Street) have suits from €200+ to €silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 glasgowspremier

TM Lewin of Anne Street Sth (off Grafton Street) have a sale on at present where everything is half price. Suits are €300 odd so were pretty pricey to start off with. Very good quality though. As previous posters have said, however, if you want it only for WIF then you cannot go far wrong with M&S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Marks and Spencer will proabably do the job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

River Island do nice suits. Jervis street or O Connells street

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭mcoolmcool

Would have to agree!!

Or Topman has a great range at the moment, the one in Jervis!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Zara..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

Going for a cabin crew interview myself with sleazyJet (before the jokes start, I know an orange suit is hard to find, ba ha ha, heard it before blah) and another one with CityJet and need something that will fit the environment for both, eg CityJet full service airline, formal etc and easyJet casual but smart (no tie) etc etc. Budget not a huge problem but would think twice about going over 500/600. Any more suggestions apart from the ones above given my em... "massive" budget. (bahahaha I wish)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

That place beside Replay in Dundrum (Bertoni I think)have some slick ass suits.. And they're like €150.. They look very well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭bright

i would suggest to rent one for the moment get a bit of dosh together and go to Suitable Company or Kennedy and Mcsharry Nassau st.

• Advertisement
Advertisement